Please start any new threads on our new site at https://forums.sqlteam.com. We've got lots of great SQL Server experts to answer whatever question you can come up with.

All Forums
 SQL Server 2005 Forums
 SSIS and Import/Export (2005)
 Dynamic currency converter

Author  Topic 

rockstar283
Yak Posting Veteran

96 Posts

Posted - 2015-04-03 : 19:27:36
I am following the guide provided HERE to build a currency converter. The static converter works very fine, but I am having issue while building dynamic version of it.

Basically, I have designed it as below:

1) Data flow task: Uses a sql query to get a distinct list of all the currencies being used in the fact table and store into a recordset object 'ObjCurrency'

2) Foreach loop container:

Iterates through all the values in 'ObjCurrency' and each value gets stored in CurrencyCode

2.1) Script task: A message box is used to show the current currency code

2.2) Web service task: As stated in the above guide, I am sending the CurrencyCode variable as a 'FromCurrency' and 'USD' is my 'ToCurrency' to get a dynamic WSDL for every CurrencyCode

2.3) XML task: Used to get 'ConversionRateResponse'

2.4) ScriptTask1: A message box is used to show the current ConversionRateResponse

I am getting an error at 2.2 and the error is:

[Web Service Task] Error: An error occurred with the following error message: "Microsoft.SqlServer.Dts.Tasks.WebServiceTask.WebserviceTaskException: Could not execute the Web method. The error is: Method 'ProxyNamespace.CurrencyConvertor.ConversionRate' not found..
at Microsoft.SqlServer.Dts.Tasks.WebServiceTask.WebMethodInvokerProxy.InvokeMethod(DTSWebMethodInfo methodInfo, String serviceName, Object connection)
at Microsoft.SqlServer.Dts.Tasks.WebServiceTask.WebServiceTaskUtil.Invoke(DTSWebMethodInfo methodInfo, String serviceName, Object connection, VariableDispenser taskVariableDispenser)
at Microsoft.SqlServer.Dts.Tasks.WebServiceTask.WebServiceTask.executeThread()".
Can someone please help me with this?

Thank you in advance.

rockstar283
Yak Posting Veteran

96 Posts

Posted - 2015-04-04 : 00:43:08
Any help guys..
Go to Top of Page

gbritton
Master Smack Fu Yak Hacker

2780 Posts

Posted - 2015-04-04 : 08:35:34
Ssis cannot find that method on that web site.
Go to Top of Page

- Advertisement -