Please start any new threads on our new site at https://forums.sqlteam.com. We've got lots of great SQL Server experts to answer whatever question you can come up with.

All Forums
 General SQL Server Forums
 New to SQL Server Administration
 Need urgent help. REWARD!!

Author  Topic 

bc
Starting Member

1 Post

Posted - 2015-04-06 : 13:52:48
Hello.

I recently purchased a system from some Thai guy and I believe I have been partly scammed. He installed everything, and everything works fine except for the fact that I don't have access to the main "administrator" account. He simply created a new administrator that has less privileges account for me. I fear that he will later on get access to my system now that he has disappeared after some minor tweak requests from me.

I have searched the database for the users in SQL Server Management Studio without any luck. I'd happily give you access to the server through Teamviewer for some help on finding the administator account and change the password on it.

I promise a reward to the person that helps me.

gbritton
Master Smack Fu Yak Hacker

2780 Posts

Posted - 2015-04-06 : 14:49:56
Not clear if you mean SQL Server Administrator account or Windows Administrator account. If you have the latter, the former is easy to change.
Go to Top of Page

SwePeso
Patron Saint of Lost Yaks

30421 Posts

Posted - 2015-04-07 : 02:52:08
You can add the local system administrator as a system administrator to SQL Serve quite easily by using setup.exe

Microsoft SQL Server MVP, MCT, MCSE, MCSA, MCP, MCITP, MCTS, MCDBA
Go to Top of Page

- Advertisement -