Please start any new threads on our new site at https://forums.sqlteam.com. We've got lots of great SQL Server experts to answer whatever question you can come up with.

All Forums
 Site Related Forums
 The Yak Corral
 Splattered

Author  Topic 

elwoos
Master Smack Fu Yak Hacker

2052 Posts

Posted - 2005-01-20 : 08:21:17
Someone I work with has just taken an ECDL exam (www.ecdl.org - or similar).

She came to ask me about one of the questions that she couldn't answer which was What does DAUB measure?

I've never heard of this in an IT context. Has anyone else? I do however have a theory about the answer so I will explain it if no-one else has heard of this

thanks

steve

And how is education supposed to make me feel smarter? Besides, every time I learn something new, it pushes some old stuff out of my brain.

Kristen
Test

22859 Posts

Posted - 2005-01-20 : 09:18:36
I thought DAUB was what you did over the top of something to prevent it being measured!

kristen
Go to Top of Page

elwoos

2052 Posts

Posted - 2005-01-21 : 04:15:10
Well the only thing I can think of is that it's a Typo and it's mean to be BAUD

what do you think?

steve

And how is education supposed to make me feel smarter? Besides, every time I learn something new, it pushes some old stuff out of my brain.
Go to Top of Page

Kristen
Test

22859 Posts

Posted - 2005-01-21 : 12:56:39
I remember a well known IT journalist (Guy Kewenney I think) writing an article that someone had sent him an email about a brilliant tow line program to do function X.

He scratched his head to work out what a "tow line program" might be, assuming some new jargon/acronym before realising it was a typo!

Kristen
Go to Top of Page

spirit1
Cybernetic Yak Master

11752 Posts

Posted - 2005-01-21 : 13:16:23
a typo of what?

Go with the flow & have fun! Else fight the flow
Go to Top of Page

Kristen
Test

22859 Posts

Posted - 2005-01-21 : 13:33:55
two
Go to Top of Page

elwoos

2052 Posts

Posted - 2005-01-21 : 18:39:27
Next time I see one of the ECDL bigwigs I'll ask him what the answer is :)

steve

Go to Top of Page

- Advertisement -