Please start any new threads on our new site at https://forums.sqlteam.com. We've got lots of great SQL Server experts to answer whatever question you can come up with.

All Forums
 Site Related Forums
 The Yak Corral
 New Security Program

Author  Topic 

JimL
SQL Slinging Yak Ranger

1537 Posts

Posted - 2005-02-17 : 13:06:56
I am working on a new security program because individuals cannot keep their passwords to themselves. This allows all kinds of riff raff in to the net.
I ask simple questions to establish a rough estimate of the individuals IQ.

We found that we could keep out 99% of the undesirables by setting the cutoff to approximate the intelligence of a garden snail.

Jim
Users <> Logic

TG
Master Smack Fu Yak Hacker

6065 Posts

Posted - 2005-02-17 : 13:22:49
Nice solution although I hope your company doesn't have a sales department. They'll leave a frustrated slime trail all the way back to the golf course.

Be One with the Optimizer
TG
Go to Top of Page

robvolk
Most Valuable Yak

15732 Posts

Posted - 2005-02-17 : 19:54:38
Damn, you could make a fortune selling that to the Georgia Department of Motor Vehicles driver's license department. They could easily compensate for the lost revenue from not issuing licenses by charging $1.00 each time someone takes the written test.

Hell, they'd QUADRUPLE their revenue at that rate.
Go to Top of Page

elwoos

2052 Posts

Posted - 2005-02-18 : 03:17:00
You think I could charge people every time the forget their passwords?

And how is education supposed to make me feel smarter? Besides, every time I learn something new, it pushes some old stuff out of my brain.
Go to Top of Page

Kristen
Test

22859 Posts

Posted - 2005-02-18 : 05:38:45
They could tape their password to the front of their monitor to avoid the charge

Kristen
Go to Top of Page

spirit1
Cybernetic Yak Master

11752 Posts

Posted - 2005-02-18 : 05:54:04
uu uuuu i got an idea!!!
next to the submit button put a button that says Override on it and it's a direct access to the program with full rights.
so they'll feel like hackers

Go with the flow & have fun! Else fight the flow
Go to Top of Page

elwoos

2052 Posts

Posted - 2005-02-18 : 07:53:48
Hey Kristen, That would explain a lot - maybe they think I already charge

Spirit - We don't need a special button our app alows that already!

How about a big red button that says PANIC and when you press it the machine shuts down

steve
steve

And how is education supposed to make me feel smarter? Besides, every time I learn something new, it pushes some old stuff out of my brain.
Go to Top of Page

- Advertisement -