Return to SQL Server CE 2.0 Released
SQL Server CE 2.0 Released
Written by Bill Graziano on 17 September 2002
Microsoft released SQL Server CE 2.0. SQL Server CE 2.0 includes updates to:
- Query analyzer. The query analyzer has been updated to improve the user interface for easier object management.
- Query processor. The query processor enables you to streamline your code with new intrinsic functions and parameterized queries.
- Storage engine. The storage engine includes major improvements to remote data access functionality, including index pulls and UPLOAD-only features. In addition, the storage engine now supports the same number of indexes (249) per table as Microsoft SQL Server.
- Connectivity wizards. This step-by-step guide can help you quickly set up your security and connectivity options for data replication.
- ISQLW. This on-device query tool enables you to store queries and view the schema on the device.