Please start any new threads on our new site at https://forums.sqlteam.com. We've got lots of great SQL Server experts to answer whatever question you can come up with.

All Forums
 SQL Server 2000 Forums
 SQL Server Administration (2000)
 Backup

Author  Topic 

fmardani
Constraint Violating Yak Guru

433 Posts

Posted - 2004-08-23 : 06:45:10
Hi,
I have set the back up to overwrite and schedule it for daily run at mid night using enterprise manager.
BUT when checking the scheduler again it always seems to be set to append and there are no time schedules that I set previously.
Do you know why my schedules are not being set?
Thanks

derrickleggett
Pointy Haired Yak DBA

4184 Posts

Posted - 2004-08-23 : 08:44:31
You can look at the jobs in Enterprise Manager and see when the Maintenance plans have been scheduled, if they are enabled, and the last time they ran. If you right-click on the job, you can also see the job history. You might want to consider using scripts for backups, maintenance, etc instead of the maintenance plans.

Take a look at the scripts Tara has: http://weblogs.sqlteam.com/tarad . This gives you more ability to troubleshoot and customize.

MeanOldDBA
derrickleggett@hotmail.com

When life gives you a lemon, fire the DBA.
Go to Top of Page

buddyprav
Starting Member

1 Post

Posted - 2004-08-28 : 08:43:37
hi,

im struggling with the same problem. so help me.
plz gimme solution for backup scheduler.
or mail me at email: praveen_alam@yahoo.com
Go to Top of Page

nr
SQLTeam MVY

12543 Posts

Posted - 2004-08-28 : 11:42:41
If you just want to overwrite every time then code it yourself - it's just a backup statement.
I would advise keeping a few copies though - I try to keep the last three.

==========================================
Cursors are useful if you don't know sql.
DTS can be used in a similar way.
Beer is not cold and it isn't fizzy.
Go to Top of Page

derrickleggett
Pointy Haired Yak DBA

4184 Posts

Posted - 2004-08-30 : 08:16:27
You have to set your scehdules in the Maintenance plans if you are using maintenance plans. If not, look at Tara's blog. Schedule the backups statements she has there like Nigel said. It's not that hard. If you actually try it and need help, let us know.

MeanOldDBA
derrickleggett@hotmail.com

When life gives you a lemon, fire the DBA.
Go to Top of Page

- Advertisement -