Please start any new threads on our new site at https://forums.sqlteam.com. We've got lots of great SQL Server experts to answer whatever question you can come up with.

All Forums
 Old Forums
 CLOSED - General SQL Server
 Log shipping

Author  Topic 

itr249
Starting Member

2 Posts

Posted - 2006-09-08 : 16:45:24
I created log shipping succesfully and tried to setup role reversal plan. In order to do this I needed to back up the syslogins. However, when I wrote a bcp out script to save the file, it kept erroring out. After doing some research and looking for files, I found out that syslogins table didnt exist in any of the database I had. Does syslogins table get created when I setup log shipping? How do I manually create this table if I need to do it maually? Any help will be approciated.

Thanks,

Drew

tkizer
Almighty SQL Goddess

38200 Posts

Posted - 2006-09-08 : 16:48:44
The table exists in the master database. It does not get created during log shipping. It's a mandatory system table.

I have been using log shipping for over 4 years now. I've never gotten the role reversal to work. When we need to reverse it, we delete log shipping, then set it back up again going in the other direction. SQL Server 2005 Database Mirroring works though when you switch roles. We'll be hitting 2005 for 90% of our applications in just a few months!

Tara Kizer
Go to Top of Page

itr249
Starting Member

2 Posts

Posted - 2006-09-11 : 09:43:29
Thanks for your reply Tara.
Go to Top of Page

- Advertisement -