Please start any new threads on our new site at https://forums.sqlteam.com. We've got lots of great SQL Server experts to answer whatever question you can come up with.

All Forums
 SQL Server 2000 Forums
 Analysis Services (2000)
 A (hopefully) easy MDX question

Author  Topic 

billsox
Yak Posting Veteran

74 Posts

Posted - 2009-07-15 : 20:35:08
Hi -- I've got an MDX problem. I'm trying to show a distinct count of all accounts that are open. That's easy. I use this calculated measure:
([Account Status].[Open], [Measures].[num_accts])
BTW, [Measures].[num_accts] is a measure with a COUNT DISTINCT aggregation rule.

Now here's my problem. I also want to create a measure that shows a distinct count of all accounts that are open and that subscribe to an email list. I thought it would be as easy as this:
Filter([Contact Flags].Children, [Contact Flags].CurrentMember.Properties("email_flag") = 1)
, ([Account Status].[Open], [Measures].[num_accts])
But this results in a syntax error. (Note that the email_flag property is one of several boolean properties in a "junk" dimension called "Contact Flags".) Am I not specifying the Filter() function correctly? Am I missing some curly braces? Please help!

billsox
Yak Posting Veteran

74 Posts

Posted - 2009-07-16 : 08:45:40
Forgot to include the syntax error message:

Unable to update the calculated member.
Formula error - syntax error - token is not valid. "^,^([Account Status].[Open], [Measures].[num_accts])

Ideas, anyone?
Go to Top of Page

- Advertisement -