Please start any new threads on our new site at https://forums.sqlteam.com. We've got lots of great SQL Server experts to answer whatever question you can come up with.

All Forums
 Other Forums
 Other Topics
 Web hosting company deleted and formatted our data

Author  Topic 

mary_itohan
Posting Yak Master

191 Posts

Posted - 2012-06-22 : 05:11:19
Hi guys,
we had been hosting a web application for 2 large organizations for a couple of years now and due to the heavy usage of the website, we moved to a high end server.

During the process of migration, we copied the webfiles to the new server and redirected the old website to the IP address, and clients where accessing the website and lots of other activities running on 3 days, the host company rebuilt the server, without our knowledge or permission.

They called me this morning, to apologize, saying all they can offer is an apology.

Now this is a very popular hosting company and rated one of the top dedicated server hosting companies.

My anger lies in the fact, that 3 days of data and activities have been losts as a result, financial information, and pictures uploaded.

What can be done ??? Am quite upset, but thought I would ask others ( As the organizations are threathening a law suit, full explanation and reinstate the data )

Pls advice

many thanks

MM

Yes O !

edit: moved to other forum

robvolk
Most Valuable Yak

15732 Posts

Posted - 2012-06-22 : 06:54:04
Check your contract with the host, talk to a lawyer, start looking for another hosting company.

Did you or the host make regular backups of your data and files? If not, start. Not tomorrow, not in 10 minutes, NOW.

File this as your first disaster recovery scenario and start planning on how to recover from this type of incident (or worse).
Go to Top of Page

- Advertisement -