Please start any new threads on our new site at https://forums.sqlteam.com. We've got lots of great SQL Server experts to answer whatever question you can come up with.

All Forums
 SQL Server 2008 Forums
 Replication (2008)
 Merge replication Identity Issue

Author  Topic 

sunsanvin
Master Smack Fu Yak Hacker

1274 Posts

Posted - 2014-09-23 : 09:02:33
Hi Experts,
Good Day.

We are using Merge replication on sql server 2008 R2 with SP2, Windows server 2008 R2.

one publisher and three subscribers.

as per the Topology, when ever the subscriber reaches to it's maximum identity number, application is getting crashed and by the time merge agent again goes to publisher to get new identity ranges, it is working fine. So it is the expected behavior.

The insert failed. It conflicted with an identity range check constraint in database 'Live_HRR', replicated table 'dbo.HRR_ABC_LOG', column 'HRR_log_seq'. If the identity column is automatically managed by replication, update the range as follows: for the Publisher, execute sp_adjustpublisheridentityrange; for the Subscriber, run the Distribution Agent or the Merge Agent.
The statement has been terminated.

can we do something not to crash the application? it is crashing once, and then getting new range. from then on wards, working fine till it faces the same issue. by giving good ranges, we can avoid getting this error, but i'm looking for a solution to getn alerted when it reaches 80% of it's allocated range. i want to get an alert email from sql server once it reaches that threshold. please could you help me on this? even if email is not possible, i'd like to get a report to see what are all the tables reached to it's 80% threshold. please could you help on this?

Thanks in Advance.
Cheers,

Arnav
Even you learn 1%, Learn it with 100% confidence.

- Advertisement -