Please start any new threads on our new site at https://forums.sqlteam.com. We've got lots of great SQL Server experts to answer whatever question you can come up with.

All Forums
 SQL Server 2012 Forums
 SSIS and Import/Export (2012)
 Sort Transformation Question

Author  Topic 

tooba
Posting Yak Master

224 Posts

Posted - 2015-03-29 : 01:42:41
Hi Guys,

Here is my simple SSIS Package, I am using two different Source, however both are SQL Source then I have to use Derived column transformation to clean and do other things, then I want to use merge Join transformation as you all know your linking column should be Sorted, I know I can use use SORT TRANSFORMATION (expensive transformation) or right click on source and from advance properties change the sort key to 1. Here is my question,
My linking column is good after derived column, how i can sort that key without using Sort transformation?

Please advise.

Thank You.

gbritton
Master Smack Fu Yak Hacker

2780 Posts

Posted - 2015-03-30 : 08:54:36
Do you mean:

1. How can you sort on your derived column without sorting? (answer: you can't)
2. how can you merge your two sources without a Sort transformation?

The answer to the second is:

If you know your input is sorted, set the IsSorted flag to true in Advanced properties for both inputs.
Go to Top of Page

tooba
Posting Yak Master

224 Posts

Posted - 2015-03-30 : 12:53:18
Thanks for your reply,

The answer to the second is:

If you know your input is sorted, set the IsSorted flag to true in Advanced properties for both inputs.

My Linking key is ready after derived column, it will be new column in derived column, How can i sort this column without using Sort Transformation?
Any thought???
Go to Top of Page

- Advertisement -