Please start any new threads on our new site at https://forums.sqlteam.com. We've got lots of great SQL Server experts to answer whatever question you can come up with.

All Forums
 SQL Server 2008 Forums
 Analysis Server and Reporting Services (2008)
 How to stop ssrs from reloading when I drill down

Author  Topic 

stonebreaker
Yak Posting Veteran

92 Posts

Posted - 2015-04-15 : 14:13:29
When I drill down from the summary in the report, it seems that the report is querying the database again. This causes a delay significant enough to interfere with the usability of the report. So when I click on a location to see the individual customers, I have to wait 45 seconds to a minute to see the list of customers; and then I have to wait another 45 seconds for every customer I click on to see the individual line items that customer bought this month. But the summary at the top level had to have referenced the entire data set in order to get its numbers, so I don't understand why the report keeps reloading the data set every time I drill down. Does anyone know of a property or a setting or something that will tell the report to load the data only once and not keep reloading it?

Stonebreaker
The greatest obstacle to discovery is not ignorance - it is the illusion of knowledge.
-Daniel Boorstin

- Advertisement -