Please start any new threads on our new site at https://forums.sqlteam.com. We've got lots of great SQL Server experts to answer whatever question you can come up with.

All Forums
 SQL Server 2005 Forums
 Service Broker (2005)
 Unable to send the message across 2 servers.

Author  Topic 

Harmeet Singh Chhabra
Starting Member

6 Posts

Posted - 2008-04-06 : 04:22:37
Hi All

I am stuck in this strange issue since the last two days. I have followed the tutorial to configure the 2 databases to send and receive messages which works. I added my own objects in the DB's also but when I try to send a message to the service I added I get a message:

"Dialog security is unavailable for this conversation because there is no security certificate bound to the database principal (Id: 1). Either create a certificate for the principal, or specify ENCRYPTION = OFF when beginning the conversation."

Security is setup in the same way for my objects as the security specified in the tutorial. The service binding on the initiator and target use the same account as specified in the tutorial. Please help.

Thanks.

sodeep
Master Smack Fu Yak Hacker

7174 Posts

Posted - 2008-04-08 : 17:51:00
Did you check BOL? or any white papers for this issues from microsoft?
Go to Top of Page

Harmeet Singh Chhabra
Starting Member

6 Posts

Posted - 2008-04-10 : 05:34:04
I checked the difference in properties again very carefully and found the owner of initiator service was dbo and not the user linked to the certificate. I dropped and created the service with the correct authorization and that sorted it out.

Thanks a lot for your help.
Go to Top of Page

- Advertisement -