Please start any new threads on our new site at https://forums.sqlteam.com. We've got lots of great SQL Server experts to answer whatever question you can come up with.

All Forums
 Other Forums
 SQL Server 6.5 \ SQL Server 7.0
 DTS package dropping data

Author  Topic 

hydrian
Starting Member

2 Posts

Posted - 2009-04-16 : 13:30:52
Hello, I'm pulling my hair out where with an old server I am dealing with. I have a pair of machines SQL Server 7.0 SP3 servers, one for dev and the other for production. I have created a DTS package to pull a data from the Prod to Dev servers.

The first version of the package was just a Data transfer between the servers. It would wipe the data and regenerate it via the Data transfer object. It would run with out error, but after investigation, it was dropping data. The transfer would set some the fields to NULL when there was data in original prod server.

I then had the DTS package manually drop/create the db and then transfer the data. No difference. Still no error or warnings.

Any idea of the issue or better way to diagnose this issue?

visakh16
Very Important crosS Applying yaK Herder

52326 Posts

Posted - 2009-04-16 : 13:51:34
are you sure you've checked the transformation mappings in package and confirmed that columns have been correctly mapped between source and destination dbs?
Go to Top of Page

hydrian
Starting Member

2 Posts

Posted - 2009-04-16 : 15:10:05
As far as I know, I am. I have the 'Transfer all objects' checked and the 'transfer dependant objects' checked too.

It is just dropping the one field of a row. I have a feeling it may due the data in the field ( a blog entry field) is not being properly generated when the server is generating the script.
Go to Top of Page

- Advertisement -