Please start any new threads on our new site at https://forums.sqlteam.com. We've got lots of great SQL Server experts to answer whatever question you can come up with.

All Forums
 Site Related Forums
 The Yak Corral
 final say

Author  Topic 

darkdusky
Aged Yak Warrior

591 Posts

Posted - 2009-04-23 : 04:25:50
As the original thread is now locked I wanted to add a definitely final statement. (http://www.sqlteam.com/forums/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=123127)
So I've posted an email between myself and Graz. I won't be responding to any further comments.

Graz,

Firstly, I think changing the Terms of Service after-the-fact is not exactly fair.

I sent a few emails to other people in the forum who I had either been part of discussions with previously or who I had helped with their questions. I mistakenly thought they might have had some sense of community and as you say allied themselves with me.
Is this also against the (future /unwritten) rules?
Is this a community forum or are members nothing more than unpaid servants of your website?

Darkdusky

---------------------------

On Wed, Apr 22, 2009 at 5:46 PM, <graz@sqlteam.com> wrote:

Hello darkdusky

You received the following message from: graz (graz@sqlteam.com)

At: http://www.sqlteam.com/forums/

darkdusky,

I read through the recent thread where you removed your original post. I would like to ask that you stop emailing other members of the forum to solicit allies. Ultimately it's up to me what is appropriate on the site.

I'm going to lock that thread. I'm afraid it's going to degenerate into something inappropriate. I certainly understand the tension between you wanting to control your words and my desire to capture answers to benefit future readers. I think this fell into a crack in the terms of service that I'll have to correct.

I won't get to update the TOS until I get back from the PASS Conference in Europe.

-Bill

pootle_flump

1064 Posts

Posted - 2009-04-23 : 07:36:45
There was no change to the T&Cs. What you reference are what you are allowed to do to your own posts. No one reversed that. Peso posted his own posts, and you wanted someone to go in a remove those.

Take it as a lesson learned. I am a mod over at DBForums - we are of exactly the same mind as those here. If you don't want something publicly available, don't post in the public domain - simples
Go to Top of Page

TG
Master Smack Fu Yak Hacker

6065 Posts

Posted - 2009-04-23 : 07:43:58
darkdusky,
I agree with you that this site is special - it really is a community of trusted friends. But none of us can forget that it is still a public site. Internet 101 says don't post anything you wouldn't want broadcast on the evening news. Perhaps you got some flak from your employer after your post but you will have to chalk that up as a lesson learned and move on. Even if it means your job. It's not fair to reach out to your friends (and moderators) in this community and ask everyone to make an exception for your mistake. It may have been worth the try to delete your OWN posts but this just proves (again) that once anyone hits that post button - it's out there. Oh well...move on.

Sorry Graz if I violated the spirit of your locking the other thread.

Be One with the Optimizer
TG
Go to Top of Page

- Advertisement -