Please start any new threads on our new site at https://forums.sqlteam.com. We've got lots of great SQL Server experts to answer whatever question you can come up with.

All Forums
 Other Forums
 SQL Server 6.5 \ SQL Server 7.0
 Recover database with mdf and ldf

Author  Topic 

skinch
Starting Member

4 Posts

Posted - 2010-01-07 : 07:56:15
I am running SQL Server 7.0 on a XP box. I am unable to start the SQL Server due to the following error. I do not have a good backup of my database.

Your SQL Server installation is either corrupt or has been tampered with (unknown Package id. Please rerun setup.

I am afraid if I rerun the setup I will screw up my database. Since I don't have a good backup I need to be careful. Any suggestions on how to proceed are welcomed.

Thanks,
Sherry

rajdaksha
Aged Yak Warrior

595 Posts

Posted - 2010-01-07 : 08:39:06
Hi

Am not sure its possible in sql server 7.0

In SQL SERVER 2008 read below
First try to change the mode to READ_WRITE. Do it from SSMS or run

ALTER DATABASE MyDatabase SET READ_WRITE

If it fails, then maybe the error message will give you a hint. Also check the MDF/LDF file-level permissions and make sure the account running SQL Server Database Engine has read/write permissions.

Also check the SQL Server ERRORLOG file - it may have more details about the reason

-------------------------
[R][A][J]

Go to Top of Page

GilaMonster
Master Smack Fu Yak Hacker

4507 Posts

Posted - 2010-01-07 : 09:09:57
Copy the .mdf, .ldf and, if applicable, the .ndf files somewhere safe. Make sure the SQL service is stopped before you do that. Once you have those somewhere safe, try rerunning setup to fix whatever's busted with the servics

--
Gail Shaw
SQL Server MVP
Go to Top of Page

elliswhite
Starting Member

36 Posts

Posted - 2014-05-05 : 01:53:11
u don't need to worry about any more because there are many more tools available in online market go through them and download. These free utility will help you to recover your sql server database.
Go to Top of Page

- Advertisement -