Please start any new threads on our new site at https://forums.sqlteam.com. We've got lots of great SQL Server experts to answer whatever question you can come up with.

All Forums
 SQL Server 2000 Forums
 Import/Export (DTS) and Replication (2000)
 Exporting To Excel: SP contains #Temp table

Author  Topic 

5fifty5
Starting Member

35 Posts

Posted - 2010-01-21 : 05:53:56
Hi,
I have created a Stored Procedure which contains a temp table. I am using this SP in a DTS and using EXECUTE. A Transformation Task is exporting data to a CSV/TXT file.

Now, my problem is that when I was setting it up, it worked fine and showed columns in Transformation. However, for some reason, I can't see the columns now and can't complete the Transformation hence unable to add any more Transformation Tasks.

All I am trying to achieve is EXEC the SP using the DTS and export it to a CSV file.

Can someone help asap Please? I haven't changed anything at all, its just not letting me add another Transformation task properly because I can't see the columns to map anymore. However, the ones that I had added previously work fine.

Cheers.

5fifty5
Starting Member

35 Posts

Posted - 2010-01-22 : 04:52:31
Can anybody help??

One thing I forgot to mention was that the SELECT statement in the SP is within a IF .. ELSE IF block which I can't get rid of...
Go to Top of Page

russell
Pyro-ma-ni-yak

5072 Posts

Posted - 2010-01-22 : 07:38:35
create the temp table. map the columns. drop the temp table.

take the create #temp part, put it in its own Execute T-SQL task. run that task. now you can do your mappings.
Go to Top of Page

- Advertisement -