Please start any new threads on our new site at https://forums.sqlteam.com. We've got lots of great SQL Server experts to answer whatever question you can come up with.

All Forums
 Site Related Forums
 Site Related Discussions
 The future of Ask SQLTeam

Author  Topic 

graz
Chief SQLTeam Crack Dealer

4149 Posts

Posted - 2010-07-21 : 15:55:12
Over the last year I've tried using the software behind Stack Overflow to run ask.sqlteam.com. I haven't been very happy with the results. Some questions get good answers but many don't. Very few answers are voted up. And Fog Creek is discontinuing the service where sites like SQLTeam.com can use the software. Finally, I don't find myself visiting the site very often.

All this leads me to conclude that it's time to discontinue ask.sqlteam.com. The site is going to be hosted on a temporary basis at OSQA. The existing URL will redirect and your accounts should transfer. I'm 99% sure the final home of your ask sqlteam accounts will be the Ask site on SSC (ask.sqlservercentral.com). Their site has grown faster and has a more vibrant user community.

The final migration should take place over the new few days. When it happens we'll update the URL to point to the new location.

For those of you that did participate, I hope you continue to use the software in its new location.

-Bill

=================================================
Creating tomorrow's legacy systems today. One crisis at a time.

- Advertisement -