Please start any new threads on our new site at https://forums.sqlteam.com. We've got lots of great SQL Server experts to answer whatever question you can come up with.

All Forums
 SQL Server 2005 Forums
 High Availability (2005)
 The file or directory is corrupted or unreadable

Author  Topic 

sawag
Starting Member

5 Posts

Posted - 2010-09-19 : 14:53:06
Hi,
I have installed a two node active/passive sql cluster . the cluster
installed successfully. but when i try to move sql server resource group to passive node, it gets fail by logging following error message in event log "initerrlog: Could not open error log file 'G:\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL.1\MSSQL\LOG\ERRORLOG'. Operating system error = 1392(The file or directory is corrupted and unreadable.)."

I have taken sql resources group offline and manually move only sql server shared drive to other node and i have found that i am not being able to access error log on node 2. the operating system shows a error saying that disk is corrupt. i have run chkdsk which delete's all the files of sql setup.
i have to reinstall sql again. but again . i found same problem . by working on this problem i found that the shared drive works well with first node and when it failover to other node the content of drive become inaccessible to node 2 . similarly if I copy something from node 2 to shared drive then it can not be access from node 1 . please help me in solving problem .

- Advertisement -