Please start any new threads on our new site at https://forums.sqlteam.com. We've got lots of great SQL Server experts to answer whatever question you can come up with.

All Forums
 General SQL Server Forums
 New to SQL Server Administration
 Login Failed for SQL Server 2008

Author  Topic 

binto
Yak Posting Veteran

59 Posts

Posted - 2010-10-13 : 01:46:21
I had SQL Server 2008 trial version in my machine.It has been expired.I have intalled the trial version again.After that I could connect all machine's SQL Server in LAN from the newly installed machine.But when i tried from other machines to connect SQL Server in newly installed machine,i am getting error
'Login failed for user ‘sa’. The user is not associated with a trusted SQL Server connection'

Please help me to resolve this.

Thanks & Regards
Binto Thomas

Lumbago
Norsk Yak Master

3271 Posts

Posted - 2010-10-13 : 02:39:52
Are you sure that the server is installed with mixed authentication, meaning that you can use both sql server and windows authentication? Log on the server with the local windows administrator account, and check in the properties of the server if mixed mode is enabled. Possibly reset the SA password as well...

- Lumbago

My blog (yes, I have a blog now! just not that much content yet)
-> www.thefirstsql.com
Go to Top of Page

binto
Yak Posting Veteran

59 Posts

Posted - 2010-10-13 : 03:25:50
quote:
Originally posted by Lumbago

Are you sure that the server is installed with mixed authentication, meaning that you can use both sql server and windows authentication? Log on the server with the local windows administrator account, and check in the properties of the server if mixed mode is enabled. Possibly reset the SA password as well...

- Lumbago

-> www.thefirstsql.com

Yes.sure.I have installed with mixed authentication

Thanks & Regards
Binto Thomas
Go to Top of Page

Lumbago
Norsk Yak Master

3271 Posts

Posted - 2010-10-13 : 03:36:43
Can you log in with windows authentication though? If you can, try to run this query to verify the name of the sa-account:
select sid, name, hasaccess, sysadmin
from sys.syslogins
where sid = 0x01

- Lumbago

-> www.thefirstsql.com
Go to Top of Page

binto
Yak Posting Veteran

59 Posts

Posted - 2010-10-14 : 01:48:05
quote:
Originally posted by Lumbago

Can you log in with windows authentication though? If you can, try to run this query to verify the name of the sa-account:
select sid, name, hasaccess, sysadmin
from sys.syslogins
where sid = 0x01

- Lumbago

-> www.thefirstsql.com

No Lumbago.I tried out with windows authentication.but I could not connect.Any options I have to enable while installing SQL Server???

Thanks & Regards
Binto Thomas
Go to Top of Page

russell
Pyro-ma-ni-yak

5072 Posts

Posted - 2010-10-14 : 11:56:13
maybe it's because your trial version expired
Go to Top of Page

- Advertisement -