Please start any new threads on our new site at https://forums.sqlteam.com. We've got lots of great SQL Server experts to answer whatever question you can come up with.

All Forums
 Site Related Forums
 Article Discussion
 Article: Upgrading from SQL 7 to SQL 2000

Author  Topic 

AskSQLTeam
Ask SQLTeam Question

0 Posts

Posted - 2002-05-05 : 20:53:03
When you are ready to make the jump to SQL 2000, you will find that there are several ways that you can do this. Of course, each method has its advantages and disadvantages, and which one you choose will be based on a number of factors. I will attempt to introduce these factors and how they might sway your decision. Later I will walk through the process that I used just recently to accomplish this for a client with 25+ databases, all residing on the same server.

Article Link.

smccreadie
Aged Yak Warrior

505 Posts

Posted - 2002-05-05 : 22:01:28
Good article. Will be going through this with about 15 databases this summer. Will save the article for then.

Go to Top of Page

AjarnMark
SQL Slashing Gunting Master

3246 Posts

Posted - 2002-05-10 : 13:10:03
Scott,

Glad I could help out. And isn't this a great example of how forums like SQLTeam are supposed to work, with people helping each other out. Here, you are going to save an article I wrote for later use, but my experience that the article is based on started from reading your post over here about upgrading. Now that is the way things should work! So, thanks to YOU for your help, too!

BTW, Part 2 to this article is being revised and hopefully will be released in the near future.

Go to Top of Page

- Advertisement -