Please start any new threads on our new site at https://forums.sqlteam.com. We've got lots of great SQL Server experts to answer whatever question you can come up with.

All Forums
 SQL Server 2000 Forums
 SQL Server Development (2000)
 Duplicate SP calls in Profiler using ADO

Author  Topic 

AskSQLTeam
Ask SQLTeam Question

0 Posts

Posted - 2002-06-05 : 09:40:49
John writes "Hello -

SQL 2000, SP 2

---- QUESTION

When using ADO, why does SQL Profiler report calls to stored procedures within stored procedures with the same command as the first stored procedure call, but only when using ADO Parameter objects. When using a SQL string pass-through method, Profiler reports the calls correctly. This behavior as been verified in ADO 2.6, 2.7, and .NET.

----

I have posted this question to various MS newsgroups over the last few weeks, and I have yet to receive a response with an answer or a work-around. Even Brian Moran chimed in a requesting a .trc file, but hasn't responded since.

I have a zip file containing files necessare to quickly duplicate this problem. Do you want it?

Thanks,
John

johnb@intercomm.com
johnb@bigfootsoftware.com"

robvolk
Most Valuable Yak

15732 Posts

Posted - 2002-06-05 : 09:42:49
$20 says you're using the Parameters.Refresh method, right? In order for it to refresh the parameters, it has to call the procedure. That's why you see the extra calls in the trace, and why the dynamic/constructed SQL method doesn't generate them.

Go to Top of Page

- Advertisement -