Please start any new threads on our new site at https://forums.sqlteam.com. We've got lots of great SQL Server experts to answer whatever question you can come up with.

All Forums
 SQL Server 2000 Forums
 MSDE (2000)
 Raisers Edge 7.8 Backup Fails on New Server

Author  Topic 

SteveWS
Starting Member

3 Posts

Posted - 2012-04-23 : 11:31:28
Hi There,
We are a small non-profit running Raisers Edge 7.8 on MSDE (I believe it is 200 but not sure how to confirm). We currently don’t have support with Blackbaud since it is expensive and haven’t needed it for 6 years (until now).
We recently moved RE7 from a Windows 2003 SP1 server (old hardware) to Windows 2003 SP1 (newer hardware). I was able to successfully install RE7 and restore data from backup. I used identical paths, file names and database name as the old server. The database is accessible from the clients and the scheduled maintenance runs successfully. The problem is that I can’t run a backup job (manual or scheduled).

When I try to run a backup job from within the Blackbaud Management console I get the following:

Executed as user: NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM. sqlmaint.exe failed. [SQLSTATE 42000] (Error 22029). NOTE: The step was retried the requested number of times (1) without succeeding. The step failed.

I have verified that the system account has Full Control of the backup destination but not sure what else to do. Any assistance would be appreciated.
Thanks,

Steve Saint

zippertn
Starting Member

1 Post

Posted - 2012-06-04 : 23:32:17
Attached is the KB associated with the error message you stated.let me know if it have worked.
https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B3WN5m1BUiaNMFJNX29SeWF4N3M
Go to Top of Page

SteveWS
Starting Member

3 Posts

Posted - 2012-06-05 : 10:40:00
Thanks Zippertn,

This looks promising. I will report back when I have had a chance to implement the solution. I really appreciate you forwarding this info.

Steve
Go to Top of Page

SteveWS
Starting Member

3 Posts

Posted - 2012-06-13 : 10:47:02
Thanks again ZipperTN. That fix has resolved my problem. You just saved a small charity big $$$ :-)

Go to Top of Page

- Advertisement -