Please start any new threads on our new site at https://forums.sqlteam.com. We've got lots of great SQL Server experts to answer whatever question you can come up with.

All Forums
 SQL Server 2005 Forums
 Analysis Server and Reporting Services (2005)
 SSRS

Author  Topic 

sanghavi17389
Starting Member

26 Posts

Posted - 2012-10-17 : 05:11:32
I have SSAS cubes serving as a data source for my SSRS reports. Since SSRS and SSAS both use Windows authentication I have a constraint that whenever a person login to the system to view the reports he should only be able to see the reports catering to his dept.

for ex: Suppose there are two users userA and userB. userA operates in India and userB operates in China. I have created a mapping table in SSAS of user with operating place like this:

Table :

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

UserName OperatingPlace

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

userA India

userB China

Now what I want to achieve is that whenever userA logins into the system to view the SSRS reports he should be able to see only the records belonging to India in the SSRS report and when userB logins he should be able to see only the records belonging to China in the SSRS report

Q) Can this be achieved through SSAS or SSRS?

Q) Do I need to pass any kind of parameter to the datasource(SSAS cubes) from SSRS reports so that the data is filtered there in cubes itself?

Note: I am very new to SSAS and SSRS.

harshal sanghavi

navya krishna
Starting Member

39 Posts

Posted - 2013-01-23 : 01:46:27
Dear all,

i have one problem in ssrs.i need to display sales report customer wise [sales and budget and variance and variance percentage] from different databases but in single server.it will be there detailes in multiple databases.i need to display detailes in single report.could you please anyone help me.for example we are maintaining 2010,2011 databases so i need to display customer no,sales,budget,variance,variance percentage in single report ...

year from 2012 year to 2013 date filter 01-01-12..31-12-13

Customer No. Sales -2012 Budget-2012 Variance-2012 Variance %-2012 Sales -2013 Budget-2013 Variance-2013 Variance %-2013

i need details like this in one report using multiple databases.please anyone help me.

navya krishna katta
Go to Top of Page

James K
Master Smack Fu Yak Hacker

3873 Posts

Posted - 2013-01-23 : 13:41:25
If all the databases are on the same server, you can create a query that uses 3-part naming to pull data from all the databases. That is to say, if you have database A and database B on the same server, you can query database B from database A like so:
SELECT col1, col2, col3 FROM [B].[dbo].[YourTableInDatabaseB]

If they are on different servers, you can again do something similar using 4-part naming, but you would need to set up linked servers.
Go to Top of Page

navya krishna
Starting Member

39 Posts

Posted - 2013-04-12 : 08:35:53
Dear All,

I have created one ssrs report i gave parameters to that report item no,item catagery code and branch name. it is working good.but i need to give multiple selection for that parameters......can anyone please help me....in that parameters option i applied right click and give option multiple selection but it is showing error incorrect syntax near",".....please solve the issue.

navya krishna katta
Go to Top of Page

James K
Master Smack Fu Yak Hacker

3873 Posts

Posted - 2013-04-12 : 08:54:34
When you allow multiple parameters, SSRS sends a comma-separated list of parameter selections to the SQL Server. So you have to change your stored procedure or query to accept the comma-separated list. Post the stored procedure that you are calling to get the data with some sample input parameters that you want to send to it.
Go to Top of Page

- Advertisement -