Please start any new threads on our new site at https://forums.sqlteam.com. We've got lots of great SQL Server experts to answer whatever question you can come up with.

All Forums
 SQL Server 2005 Forums
 .NET Inside SQL Server (2005)
 using DLL assemblies from SSIS Package

Author  Topic 

james_wells
Yak Posting Veteran

55 Posts

Posted - 2012-10-23 : 06:13:44
i have had no involement in assemblies / DTS in SQL 2005 so hopefu;;y the info below will make sense

i needed to change c sharp code a departed colleague left us. In theory we have the correct project and when the compiled DLL are generated and copied into the relevant windows folder the chnage was not reflected.

so i created a copy of the DTS package which worked fine when the reference is added to the original DLL however when the reference is deleted and the reference is added to the new DLL even if its compiled withoit the intended change it failz with

2012-10-23 10:30:11.77 Code: 0x00000002 Source: Process Invoices Description: The script threw an exception: Could not load file or assembly 'AB.Agri.Data.Dynamics, Version=1.1.36343.1607, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified. End Error DTExec: The package execution returned DTSER_FAILURE (1). Started: 10:30:11 Finished: 10:30:11 Elapsed: 0.203 seconds. The package execution failed. The step failed.

the DLL reside in
\\aggbssc2sql011\c$\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727

the source project is targetting v2 .net and acccessed using visual C sharp express 2010

file version generated is 1.1.36343.1607
file version of the original is 1.1.36238.1540

Can anyone help with what to try to debug this issue

james_wells
Yak Posting Veteran

55 Posts

Posted - 2012-10-31 : 12:15:06
Sorted after much pain

The DLL that i have compiled needed to be signed with a stong file key and stored in the CAC (Global Assembly Cash) which has a virtual directory of C:\Windows\assemblies.

When viewed through exployer it appears a single folder.

Drag and drop the target assembly from the source folder in my case \\aggbssc2sql011\c$\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727 to the windows assemblie folder and it will resgister and install the assembly.

Then within the DTS project the assmbly references were remoed and added for the recomplied assemblies that existed in \aggbssc2sql011\c$\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727

Not convincee that assemblies and SSIS are a good mix but as i have inherrited this solution and also new to me i am just pleased to get it working

Go to Top of Page

- Advertisement -