Please start any new threads on our new site at https://forums.sqlteam.com. We've got lots of great SQL Server experts to answer whatever question you can come up with.

All Forums
 SQL Server 2008 Forums
 Analysis Server and Reporting Services (2008)
 ssrs parameter value option which report to link t

Author  Topic 

scamper
Yak Posting Veteran

52 Posts

Posted - 2014-06-12 : 17:35:21
In an SSRS 2008 report, I would like to be able to allow the user the option of selecting between 1 to 10 different ssrs reports that they would like to run as a parameter value. Basically when the main report starts to run, I would like to allow the user the option to pick which report(s) they would like to run as a multivalued parameter. This would be different than a user clicking on a link that would call a subreport or click on a link that would call a different report.

Can you tell me if the above option is possible in SSRS 2008? If so, can you tell me how to accomplish this goal? If this is not possible, can you make any recommendations on other possible options on how users can select which report(s) will run and tell me how to set this up in SSRS 2008?

If this option is not available in ssrs 2008, is it an option in SSRTS 2012? If so, can you tell me how to make the multiple report selection option a possibility?

gbritton
Master Smack Fu Yak Hacker

2780 Posts

Posted - 2014-06-13 : 07:58:56
How is the user starting the report run?

If the user is running from Report Manager in IE, they can simply pick the report by name.
Go to Top of Page

jassie
Constraint Violating Yak Guru

332 Posts

Posted - 2014-06-13 : 12:51:36
The user is chosing whatever internet browser they chose to open the report.
Go to Top of Page

gbritton
Master Smack Fu Yak Hacker

2780 Posts

Posted - 2014-06-13 : 15:40:51
The browser doesn't matter. What DOES matter is, "Does the user run the reports from Report Manager?"
Go to Top of Page

scamper
Yak Posting Veteran

52 Posts

Posted - 2014-06-14 : 19:56:40
found answer.
Go to Top of Page

- Advertisement -