Please start any new threads on our new site at https://forums.sqlteam.com. We've got lots of great SQL Server experts to answer whatever question you can come up with.

All Forums
 Site Related Forums
 Site Related Discussions
 site/server error, or my side ?

Author  Topic 

Wanderer
Master Smack Fu Yak Hacker

1168 Posts

Posted - 2003-05-23 : 08:28:18
Just got the following doing a forum search:

Active Server Pages error 'ASP 0113'
Script timed out

/Forums/search.asp

The maximum amount of time for a script to execute was exceeded. You can change this limit by specifying a new value for the property Server.ScriptTimeout or by changing the value in the IIS administration tools.

the search results seem to have some up below..

CiaO

*#&#* *#&#* *#&#* *#&#*

Chaos, Disorder and Panic ... my work is done here!

AjarnMark
SQL Slashing Gunting Master

3246 Posts

Posted - 2003-05-23 : 14:28:34
Wanderer, I have seen this message come up here when there are just too many results to be processed. Try your search again and see if you can narrow the results by selecting a smaller date range or adding more key words. If that fails, you might try limiting the search to one forum at a time.

------------------------------------------------------
The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
Go to Top of Page

tkizer
Almighty SQL Goddess

38200 Posts

Posted - 2003-05-23 : 14:38:09
I've been getting the same error recently. I just keep retrying it until I get the results back. Sometimes you don't want to change the date range or add more keywords to it, so you have to just keep retrying it until you are successful.

Tara
Go to Top of Page

graz
Chief SQLTeam Crack Dealer

4149 Posts

Posted - 2003-05-24 : 08:47:51
Unfortunately the search routines in this version of the forum aren't as efficient as I'd like. "One of these days" I'll get around to ungrading to the lastest version. I'm not really looking forward to going through all the little customizations I made to the forum though. :(

===============================================
Creating tomorrow's legacy systems today.
One crisis at a time.
Go to Top of Page

Doug G
Constraint Violating Yak Guru

331 Posts

Posted - 2003-05-24 : 22:05:44
quote:
Unfortunately the search routines in this version of the forum aren't as efficient as I'd like.

I don't think there is enough improvement in the search code in the current version to warrant an upgrade :) There are other improvements though, but it will be a lot of re-coding if you have a lot of modifications.

======
Doug G
======
Go to Top of Page

Wanderer
Master Smack Fu Yak Hacker

1168 Posts

Posted - 2003-05-26 : 05:11:31
Thanx guys,

As I mentioned, it wasn't a crisis. I did get some results, and then decided that none of the even closely resembled what I wanted, so I posted a question.

Ciao 4 Now

*#&#* *#&#* *#&#* *#&#*

Chaos, Disorder and Panic ... my work is done here!
Go to Top of Page

- Advertisement -