Please start any new threads on our new site at https://forums.sqlteam.com. We've got lots of great SQL Server experts to answer whatever question you can come up with.

All Forums
 Site Related Forums
 Site Related Discussions
 Off Topic -- Forum Bug

Author  Topic 

jhermiz

3564 Posts

Posted - 2003-08-01 : 10:34:19
I noticed that everytime I subscribe to a thread..and someone replies..I get 3-6 messages on just one single topic from the same person. Not sure who is putting the site together but why am I getting more than one message to one single reply from the same source? For instance, brett just replied to a thread and I got the same email 4 times!

Jon

X002548
Not Just a Number

15586 Posts

Posted - 2003-08-01 : 10:37:37
Jon,

That would go in to Site rlated discussions, and I haven't seen that behavior....

How many messages this time?

Brett

8-)

SELECT POST=NewId()
Go to Top of Page

jhermiz

3564 Posts

Posted - 2003-08-01 : 10:40:23
quote:
Originally posted by X002548

Jon,

That would go in to Site rlated discussions, and I haven't seen that behavior....

How many messages this time?

Brett

8-)

SELECT POST=NewId()

Brett this time I got one ... however Ive also noticed the site does not remember my user name or password..even when i tell it to remember it! I type in my user name and password and click the little check box to remember. Then I click login..it takes me back to the forums area...then I start a thread and I still need to enter my user name and password. Very time consuming!!!
Go to Top of Page

graz
Chief SQLTeam Crack Dealer

4149 Posts

Posted - 2003-08-01 : 10:58:54
And a test post to see how many replies I get ...

===============================================
Creating tomorrow's legacy systems today.
One crisis at a time.
Go to Top of Page

graz

4149 Posts

Posted - 2003-08-01 : 11:08:24
And another reply, still hoping for a forum subscription email ...

One crisis at a time.
Go to Top of Page

jhermiz

3564 Posts

Posted - 2003-08-01 : 11:10:19
What about now!
Go to Top of Page

graz

4149 Posts

Posted - 2003-08-01 : 11:16:28
Now that's tricky! It doesn't send ME and email when I post. How cool is that! I guess you can tell how many forums/posts I subscribe to

I got one message for your post jhermiz. If it continues to be a problem I'll do some research in the database and see if something weird is going on.

One crisis at a time.
Go to Top of Page

X002548
Not Just a Number

15586 Posts

Posted - 2003-08-01 : 11:16:59
Bill,

I didn't even subscribe and I'm getting emails..did you subscribe me?

Brett

8-)

SELECT POST=NewId()
Go to Top of Page

jhermiz

3564 Posts

Posted - 2003-08-01 : 11:18:05
I just got 4 seperate emails from just one reply from the same source..

Jon
Go to Top of Page

X002548
Not Just a Number

15586 Posts

Posted - 2003-08-01 : 11:32:02
How about now?

Brett

8-)

SELECT POST=NewId()
Go to Top of Page

X002548
Not Just a Number

15586 Posts

Posted - 2003-08-01 : 11:32:41
To confirm, I'm only getting 1 per...

Brett

8-)

SELECT POST=NewId()
Go to Top of Page

mohdowais
Sheikh of Yak Knowledge

1456 Posts

Posted - 2003-08-01 : 12:59:19
quote:
Originally posted by jhermiz
Brett this time I got one ... however Ive also noticed the site does not remember my user name or password..even when i tell it to remember it! I type in my user name and password and click the little check box to remember. Then I click login..it takes me back to the forums area...then I start a thread and I still need to enter my user name and password. Very time consuming!!!

Have you enabled cookies in your browser, or do you clear them very often? The Remember-Login mechanism needs cookies enabled, and has to find that particular cookie. So if you clear your cookies, you wont be automatically logged-in next time you visit the forums.

Owais
Go to Top of Page

AjarnMark
SQL Slashing Gunting Master

3246 Posts

Posted - 2003-08-01 : 13:32:55
Also, I believe if you actually click the LOGOUT then it destroys the cookie, or at least alters it so you're not automatically logged back in the next time.

Jhermiz, is it possible that you are subscribed multiple times? Perhaps once to the thread, once to the whole forum, etc? Maybe it's sending you one email for each subscription record it finds that is relevant.

------------------------------------------------------
The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
Go to Top of Page

Doug G
Constraint Violating Yak Guru

331 Posts

Posted - 2003-08-02 : 18:13:13
I don't believe you get emails to your own posts even if you subscribe.

Sometimes proxy servers and some firewalls can interfere with the proper operation of cookies. There are a number of posts about this problem at the snitz forums, you might want to search there for some hints. http://forum.snitz.com

======
Doug G
======
Go to Top of Page

- Advertisement -