Please start any new threads on our new site at https://forums.sqlteam.com. We've got lots of great SQL Server experts to answer whatever question you can come up with.

All Forums
 SQL Server 2000 Forums
 SQL Server Administration (2000)
 Error Message 3621

Author  Topic 

AskSQLTeam
Ask SQLTeam Question

0 Posts

Posted - 2004-03-09 : 08:34:35
Todd writes "Hi,

I am running a procedure on Windows 2000 server and SQL Server 2000 Professional with sp3, and sometimes it will complete successfully and other times it will return

The statement has been terminated. [SQLSTATE 01000] (Message 3621).

This happens both when I run the procedure from Query Analyzer or by calling the Procedure from a job. What is worse is that when I call it from a job I get that error (only sometimes) and it then starts the next step as if that step of the job succeeded.

This problem happens in multiple jobs and on multiple procs.

Can you help me to find why I get this error and how to correct it.

Thank you

Todd"

tkizer
Almighty SQL Goddess

38200 Posts

Posted - 2004-03-09 : 13:41:50
Could you show us the code?

Tara
Go to Top of Page

amayer
Starting Member

8 Posts

Posted - 2004-03-23 : 17:17:00
The intermitent problem is related to a variable that sometimes causes a failure. I saw this in a procedure that handled currencies. When we added Japanese Yen, (over 100 yen to the dollar) the currency value (in yen) was too large and generated this error. I think we needed to turn an int column into an bigint to solve our problem. Then the sproc ran OK. The error is totally misleading. What it implies is that there is a bug in your sproc and the intermitent nature tells you that it is due to a variable or variables that are sometimes good values and sometimes bad, causing sproc failure, usually something like trying to insert a bigint into an int or a null into a not null, etc.
Go to Top of Page

- Advertisement -