Please start any new threads on our new site at https://forums.sqlteam.com. We've got lots of great SQL Server experts to answer whatever question you can come up with.

All Forums
 SQL Server 2000 Forums
 SQL Server Development (2000)
 CreateObject() Permission Denied

Author  Topic 

oitsubob
Yak Posting Veteran

70 Posts

Posted - 2004-06-08 : 16:59:26
Not sure what's going on here or why. Maybe someone could help explain?

Running SQLServer 2000 & Agent services as a domain account with the same level of access on the SQL server as well as our web server.

In the DTS package, we have an activeX task that performs a few actions in addition to trying to write out a couple files to our webserver.

The DTS package runs just fine as long as I am the one initiating it. As soon as I schedule the job and let the SQL Agent, the job fails and references permission denied errors on createobject().

Here is the text of the error:

Executed as user: MYCOMPANY\SQLACCOUNT. DTSRun: Loading... DTSRun: Executing... DTSRun OnStart: DTSStep_DTSActiveScriptTask_1 DTSRun OnError: DTSStep_DTSActiveScriptTask_1, Error = -2147220482 (800403FE) Error string: Error Code: 0 Error Source= Microsoft VBScript runtime error Error Description: Permission denied: 'createobject' Error on Line 2 Error source: Microsoft Data Transformation Services (DTS) Package Help file: sqldts80.hlp Help context: 4500 Error Detail Records: Error: -2147220482 (800403FE); Provider Error: 0 (0) Error string: Error Code: 0 Error Source= Microsoft VBScript runtime error Error Description: Permission denied: 'createobject' Error on Line 2 Error source: Microsoft Data Transformation Services (DTS) Package Help file: sqldts80.hlp Help context: 4500 DTSRun OnFinish: DTSStep_DTSActiveScriptTask_1 DTSRun: Package execution complete. Process Exit Code 1. The step failed.

Here's a snippet of code trying to be executed.

set oFSO = Server.CreateObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject")
set oFile = oFSO.OpenTextFile("e:\stock_close.js",2,true,0)
oFile.writeline("document.write('" & last_value & "')")
oFile.Close

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Bob

tkizer
Almighty SQL Goddess

38200 Posts

Posted - 2004-06-08 : 17:02:55
Have you tried granting the service account local admin? That's the recommendation for the SQL service accounts anyway.

Where is E located? Local to the database server?

Tara
Go to Top of Page

oitsubob
Yak Posting Veteran

70 Posts

Posted - 2004-06-08 : 17:05:57
Tara,
The account SQL is running as is a member of the Administrator's group. Sorry, forgot to mention that. :)

E:\ is a local to the server. I'd originally set it up to use the UNC path to a share on the web server, but when that failed, I thought I'd see if it could first write to the local machine before I start chasing down permissions issues on the other box.

Thanks,

Bob
Go to Top of Page

tkizer
Almighty SQL Goddess

38200 Posts

Posted - 2004-06-08 : 17:09:38
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;298725

Tara
Go to Top of Page

oitsubob
Yak Posting Veteran

70 Posts

Posted - 2004-06-08 : 17:10:56
Thanks, I'll give that a shot! :)

Bob
Go to Top of Page

oitsubob
Yak Posting Veteran

70 Posts

Posted - 2004-06-10 : 00:31:12
Wanted to let you know that your suggestion worked! Thanks for the help :)

Bob
Go to Top of Page

- Advertisement -