Please start any new threads on our new site at https://forums.sqlteam.com. We've got lots of great SQL Server experts to answer whatever question you can come up with.

All Forums
 Site Related Forums
 Site Related Discussions
 Possible modification to filter on zero replies?

Author  Topic 

eyechart
Master Smack Fu Yak Hacker

3575 Posts

Posted - 2005-03-09 : 01:19:13
Would it be possible to mod snitz to allow a filter (through active topics I suppose) that would show only posts with zero responses? Limited by date would be cool too.

-ec

Kristen
Test

22859 Posts

Posted - 2005-03-09 : 01:26:08
FWIW I click on the "regular's" links to see their BIO so that they get boldfaced - that way I catch them in the Last Post column and generally skip those.

I also catch them when they appear in the Author column

Then I cast my eye down looking for 0 replies, or things where the Topic is boldfaced - in which case I already participated.

I use the ACTIVE TOPICS link so I just see what's changed since last time.

After I've worked my way to the bottom of the list I press the purple/yellow folder icon top left, in the heading bar Topic/Author/Replies/Read/Last Post, to list only threads modified since my previous list.

I notice some people modify their Subject to "** SOLVED **" - that helps. An "** UNSOLVED **" flag would be good ...

(Speaking from experience) mod'ing Snitz is a bit of a bear.

Kristen
Go to Top of Page

Merkin
Funky Drop Bear Fearing SQL Dude!

4970 Posts

Posted - 2005-03-09 : 07:35:52
There used to be a copy of the active topics page that only showed zero replies. I think it might have been blown away in the last upgrade (which is why Graz doesn't like cusomising the forum code).

You could all just stop being post whores

Damian
Go to Top of Page

graz
Chief SQLTeam Crack Dealer

4149 Posts

Posted - 2005-03-09 : 10:56:19
quote:
Originally posted by Merkin

You could all just stop being post whores

HA! You caught me at a weak moment.

http://www.sqlteam.com/forums/activezero.asp

It'll probably get blown away at the next upgrade though. And there aren't any links to it at this point.

===============================================
Creating tomorrow's legacy systems today.
One crisis at a time.
Go to Top of Page

eyechart
Master Smack Fu Yak Hacker

3575 Posts

Posted - 2005-03-09 : 13:47:21
cool!

Go to Top of Page

- Advertisement -