Please start any new threads on our new site at https://forums.sqlteam.com. We've got lots of great SQL Server experts to answer whatever question you can come up with.

All Forums
 Site Related Forums
 Site Related Discussions
 Product Discussions

Author  Topic 

Michael Valentine Jones
Yak DBA Kernel (pronounced Colonel)

7020 Posts

Posted - 2005-03-13 : 17:51:23

Do you have any limitations or guidelines for discussions of commercial products on this forum?

I don't want to post spam, I just want to know if it is OK to say things like "I used product XXX and it was great", "I tried product YYY and was very disappointed", “I used product ZZZ, but I found MMM was better”, “I think product TTT will do a good job for what you are trying to do”.

I looked in the Forum FAQ, but I didn’t see anything.

CODO ERGO SUM

byrmol
Shed Building SQL Farmer

1591 Posts

Posted - 2005-03-13 : 18:00:58
I'm no mod, but comments on products is OK AFAIK.
I gave a component maker a "cheer" in a thread not long ago....

Advertising is frowned on.. unless its in the "ad" banner!!!

DavidM

A front-end is something that tries to violate a back-end.
Go to Top of Page

Merkin
Funky Drop Bear Fearing SQL Dude!

4970 Posts

Posted - 2005-03-13 : 18:21:41
Go for it, it's fine.
It's good to know the experiences people have with various products, especially as there are a lot of snake oil vendors in this industry.

The only thing that we don't like, is companies spamming their products in the forums rather than buying some advertising. There is one company in particular, who decided that advertising here was no longer worth the money, so now they spam the forums and blogs. Free or open source product announcements are also fine.

Damian
Go to Top of Page

- Advertisement -