Please start any new threads on our new site at https://forums.sqlteam.com. We've got lots of great SQL Server experts to answer whatever question you can come up with.

All Forums
 Old Forums
 CLOSED - SQL Server 2005/Yukon
 SQL 2005 Install error: 1603

Author  Topic 

tmitch
Yak Posting Veteran

60 Posts

Posted - 2005-10-05 : 11:29:41
Hey everyone,
I'm attempting to install SQL Server 2005 (September CTP). The .NET Framework 2.0 installs fine, but when the SQL Server Native Client attempts to install, I receive error 1603 immediately after this installer begins. I've uninstalled and reinstalled the .NET Framework 2.0, but still no luck. The installation log file is no help at all. The machine is Windows XP running Service Pack 2, and I also have SQL Server 2000 on this machine. Has anyone else experienced this error, and if so how did you resolve it?
Thanks,
Tim

penumatsa
Constraint Violating Yak Guru

289 Posts

Posted - 2005-10-06 : 01:38:20
Did you install any previous SQL Server 2005 CTP's. If so, have you removed them completely. Just to make sure you can use the tool that came with the June CTP which clears any files that were installed through previous CTP's. I have been running SQL Server 2005 since the beta release and havent encountered any problems. By the way, i have Windows XP with SP 2 and also have SQL Server 2000 running on it with SP 4. What SP do you have for your SQL Server 2000. It should be running the current SP.

Hope this help. All the best.

suresh penumatsa
Go to Top of Page

- Advertisement -