Please start any new threads on our new site at https://forums.sqlteam.com. We've got lots of great SQL Server experts to answer whatever question you can come up with.

All Forums
 General SQL Server Forums
 Data Corruption Issues
 Cannot remove replication

Author  Topic 

bobo1495
Starting Member

4 Posts

Posted - 2006-05-06 : 18:15:28
Hi All,

I had a HDD failure that caused the database to become SUSPECT. Thats ok we have backups to fall back on. Restoring the database failed because the database is used for repliacation, the database status was set to LOADING (in middle of restore). Because of this status I am unable to remove the repliaction to allow the database restore.

Whats a way to change the database status from loading? Or is there any way of removing it completely and starting again from a backup? Can I force repliaction to be removed?

Thanks for taking the time to look at my problem, all help and suggestions are much appreciated.

Cheers,
Dan

paulrandal
Yak with Vast SQL Skills

899 Posts

Posted - 2006-05-06 : 18:27:47
Try the instructions here - http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-US/library/ms147833.aspx

Paul Randal
Lead Program Manager, Microsoft SQL Server Storage Engine + SQL Express
(Legalese: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.)
Go to Top of Page

bobo1495
Starting Member

4 Posts

Posted - 2006-05-06 : 18:57:44
Thanks for the advise, though I am not running SQL 2005(running SQL Server 2000 32-bit) and the stored procedure recommended in the linked artical - sp_removedbreplication does not have the @force parameter in versions before 2005.

Is there a way of getting the T-SQL for the new sp_removedbreplication? Or a different approach is needed?

Dan
Go to Top of Page

nr
SQLTeam MVY

12543 Posts

Posted - 2006-05-06 : 21:49:05
Try restoring a small database over it.
There is something to do with replication that that resolves - not sure if it'sthis situation though.

==========================================
Cursors are useful if you don't know sql.
DTS can be used in a similar way.
Beer is not cold and it isn't fizzy.
Go to Top of Page

bobo1495
Starting Member

4 Posts

Posted - 2006-05-07 : 02:42:30
nr - your solution worked!! Don't know why but it did. Thanks nr and Paul for you help much appreciated

Regards,
Dan
Go to Top of Page

- Advertisement -