Please start any new threads on our new site at https://forums.sqlteam.com. We've got lots of great SQL Server experts to answer whatever question you can come up with.

All Forums
 Development Tools
 ASP.NET
 how can i change web configs automatclly

Author  Topic 

2revup
Posting Yak Master

112 Posts

Posted - 2007-01-02 : 22:33:42
I have a senario where 2 DB servers are in sync, if one goes down then the other is availbe to take over.

so lets say When the application on the web servers could not connect to the first SQL box it will talk to the second SQL box automatically. And when the first SQL box comes back it will talk to it automatically.

this is all well and good but how can i achive this through the web.config, the only thing i can think of is make a script that will ping at freqent intervals and then once it cant communicate then do a find and replace and then once its all up and working again then do a find and replace again.
Is there any applications that might do this for me or better is there a better way about going about this whole senario?

Thanks

Kristen
Test

22859 Posts

Posted - 2007-01-03 : 04:01:50
I believe the "normal" way to handle this is that the Reserve server changes IP address to replace the Primary (when the Reserve detects that the Primary is unavailable). Thus no application changes are needed.

Kristen
Go to Top of Page

2revup
Posting Yak Master

112 Posts

Posted - 2007-01-03 : 19:53:34
Thanks Kristen i didnt think of that way, i will see what i can find that can do this. I might just have to do a scriptto get this to work also.
mmmmm

Go to Top of Page

- Advertisement -