Please start any new threads on our new site at https://forums.sqlteam.com. We've got lots of great SQL Server experts to answer whatever question you can come up with.

All Forums
 SQL Server 2005 Forums
 Service Broker (2005)
 Can Service broker Talk to informix

Author  Topic 

Dharmbir
Starting Member

2 Posts

Posted - 2007-01-16 : 02:50:01
Hi,
I am new to service broker.
Can the Service broker Sitting on a SQL Server talk to Informix

Thanks
Dharmbir

snSQL
Master Smack Fu Yak Hacker

1837 Posts

Posted - 2007-01-16 : 10:19:29
No, Service Broker is a SQL Server only solution, you'll need to use Microsoft Message Queue and other message queueing solutions for integrating with Informix.
Go to Top of Page

Dharmbir
Starting Member

2 Posts

Posted - 2007-01-16 : 23:14:59
quote:
Originally posted by snSQL

No, Service Broker is a SQL Server only solution, you'll need to use Microsoft Message Queue and other message queueing solutions for integrating with Informix.

Then Can Service broker Communicate with Windows Service running on Informix box
Go to Top of Page

snSQL
Master Smack Fu Yak Hacker

1837 Posts

Posted - 2007-01-18 : 14:15:13
I'm assuming that by "communicate" you mean pass messages, and again the answer is no. Messages in Service Broker queues are only moved from one Service Broker instance to another Service Broker instance. You could use a Windows service running anywhere to connect to the SQL Server running Service Broker to send or get messages to or from a queue, but that's basically a regular client connection, so I'm assuming that isn't what you mean by "communicate".
Go to Top of Page

- Advertisement -