Please start any new threads on our new site at https://forums.sqlteam.com. We've got lots of great SQL Server experts to answer whatever question you can come up with.

All Forums
 Site Related Forums
 Article Discussion
 Article: Using Fuzzy Lookup Transformations in SQL Server Integration Services

Author  Topic 

AskSQLTeam
Ask SQLTeam Question

0 Posts

Posted - 2007-01-22 : 08:19:32
This article comes to us from Michael K. Campbell. Michael writes "Humans can instantly spot the difference between "411 Madison Avenue" and "411 Madisan Av". Moreover, because human brains are wired semantically, they can discern that both addresses are likely the same even though the second one has been misspelled. Computers, unfortunately, are typically unaware of these semantic similarities, which can lead to improperly checked data." He then goes on to show how the Fuzzy Lookup Transformation in SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) can be used to make this exact same match. And he includes the application so you can test it yourself.

Article Link.

ehearns
Starting Member

1 Post

Posted - 2007-03-05 : 00:33:34
This article with the accompany sample application was fabulous. I would like to get a price quote from Michael K. Campbell for 2 -3 business days?

Eddie Hearns
Go to Top of Page

Michael K. Campbell
Starting Member

2 Posts

Posted - 2007-03-05 : 22:43:39
Eddie,

Glad you liked the article.

I'm pretty swamped at the moment, but feel free to visit my site and contact me via email.

Michael K. Campbell
www.sqlserveraudits.com
Go to Top of Page

fdj1960
Starting Member

1 Post

Posted - 2009-03-14 : 15:39:30
Thanks for the Article. Very helpful. Just one question.
My reference table is very large.
I assume indexes are used to find exact matches.
I notice that the package progress says taking a snapshot of the reference table. I assume this is building some sort of hash table.
Are indexes on the either table when the Fuzzy logic part is running?

"Floyd Johnson" <fdj1960@msn.com>
Go to Top of Page

- Advertisement -