Please start any new threads on our new site at https://forums.sqlteam.com. We've got lots of great SQL Server experts to answer whatever question you can come up with.

All Forums
 Site Related Forums
 Site Related Discussions
 More novice helpers?

Author  Topic 

Kristen
Test

22859 Posts

Posted - 2007-04-02 : 04:16:53
Its probably just me, and subjective, but having just come back from a week's skiing I seem to be seeing quite a lot of answers from people with only a couple of posts.

I wonder if those people registered in order to do what they would have used AskSQLTeam for in the past, and having registered provided some answers - whereas before they wouldn't have bothered to register just to answer the odd post or two.

Hmmm ... maybe I need to get back into a state of overwork as quickly as possible so I stop worrying about such things ....

Kristen

X002548
Not Just a Number

15586 Posts

Posted - 2007-04-02 : 09:50:23
Please, let's talk about important matters...like how was the skiing!

I went yesterday, and our season is pretty much down in the Southern NE...it was such a bad season

Brett

8-)

Hint: Want your questions answered fast? Follow the direction in this link
http://weblogs.sqlteam.com/brettk/archive/2005/05/25/5276.aspx

Add yourself!
http://www.frappr.com/sqlteam

Go to Top of Page

NeilG
Aged Yak Warrior

530 Posts

Posted - 2007-04-02 : 11:01:25
I am one of the newbies but just really looking for some guidence when I am having any problems
Go to Top of Page

harsh_athalye
Master Smack Fu Yak Hacker

5581 Posts

Posted - 2007-04-02 : 11:13:03
I don't see anything wrong in newbies helping others as long as their suggestions are correct and efficient. This way newbies can also learn what is the best possible solution among all.

Harsh Athalye
India.
"The IMPOSSIBLE is often UNTRIED"
Go to Top of Page

spirit1
Cybernetic Yak Master

11752 Posts

Posted - 2007-04-02 : 12:42:21
we were all newbies once.
some of us still are

Kristen
Test

22859 Posts

Posted - 2007-04-03 : 07:06:59
Sorry chaps, I didn't mean it was a bad thing at all, I was meaning to imply that the demise of AskSQLTeam had had a beneficial effect ...

"let's talk about important matters...like how was the skiing!"

Cheers Brett! It was surprisingly good for end of season. Have to fit in with school holidays for the kids skiing, but luckily they break up quite early. It must have snowed a foot or more just before we got there, and it snowed another 6 inches just before we left; daytime temperature was low, but sunny, so the snow kept. No bare patches in the piste, and no heavy-sugar-slush in the afternoon - which is about the first time I can remember conditions as good for this time of the year.

We all skied together as a family for the first time - the little one is 7, but shes fearless and a speed-hound! She had a couple of 1-hour lessons to help her technique, and she's doing "basic parallels". The 13 year-old would like skiing to be choreographed!! (in fact she would like go-karting and everything else choreographed I reckon!), so she's less bothered by speed and thus not troubled skiing at her kid-sister's slower pace. Suits me at my age anyway! And the wife skies telemark, which is a triumph of "style over speed"! .... so a bunch of happy-campers!

We had a great apartment too .... we've always taken the view, before, that we were on holiday and did not want to have to cook etc. but having "our own space" to slob around in was great, and we seemed to be playing card games etc. late into the evening.

So no complaints!

Kristen
Go to Top of Page

NeilG
Aged Yak Warrior

530 Posts

Posted - 2007-04-03 : 07:48:32
Thank god for that I though that newbie's were unwelcome to post then, I only ever reply after checking what I am going to advise but mainly I will be requiring help

Cheers Guys.
Go to Top of Page

- Advertisement -