Please start any new threads on our new site at https://forums.sqlteam.com. We've got lots of great SQL Server experts to answer whatever question you can come up with.

All Forums
 Site Related Forums
 Site Related Discussions
 Biscuits

Author  Topic 

elwoos
Master Smack Fu Yak Hacker

2052 Posts

Posted - 2007-06-06 : 03:36:13
This stupid computer... It can't possibly be me can it I haven't done anything.

Well actually it was the computer that did it (honest guv) It installed a newer version of Firefox (2.0.0.4). It also (by magic) installed an add on - MyFireFox 1.0.0900 all the rest have been on for ages.

So now when I login to the site it says that all is well and I am logged in but as soon as I click on any link I can see that I am not logged in. I've tried changing my password, telling the site to remember it (and not), telling firefox to remember it (and not)

So I looked at the cookies (and believe me there are a lot), most end at the end of the session though so it's unlikely to be them as it has happened for a while. So I deleted all the cookies from SQLTeam and it started working as expected.

So everything is back to normal thankyou very much (whatever you did). So do you know why this happened and how I stop it recurring?

-----------

Don't worry head. The computer will do all the thinking from now on.

Kristen
Test

22859 Posts

Posted - 2007-06-06 : 03:45:37
Guessing:

You need to switch to Hobnobs

I have to periodically re-login to SQL Team. SO I presume the "Remember your credentials" stuff has an expiry of one month, or somesuch.

So I reckon that you had an expired cookie that your browser failed to delete, but presumably kept on sending to SQL Team, which rejected it has being too old?

Or the format of the old cookie was delinquent in some way that has now been fixed, in which case you are about to have the same problem with all other sites using expiring cookies ...

Kristen
Go to Top of Page

elwoos
Master Smack Fu Yak Hacker

2052 Posts

Posted - 2007-06-07 : 03:00:40
cheers Kristen

steve

-----------

Don't worry head. The computer will do all the thinking from now on.
Go to Top of Page

- Advertisement -