Please start any new threads on our new site at https://forums.sqlteam.com. We've got lots of great SQL Server experts to answer whatever question you can come up with.

All Forums
 General SQL Server Forums
 Data Corruption Issues
 Unable to take backup

Author  Topic 

reachvy
Starting Member

2 Posts

Posted - 2007-06-19 : 07:24:44
Hi
I have Database in SQL-Server2000 size is 1.37 GB i am tryn to take backup followin are the problems:-
1. Maintainence Plan for Backup Fails for DB
2. Jobs fails for Backup

--> I goto SQL Server Logs Error message is Operating system error 23(Data error (cyclic redundancy check).)

--> Now i am tryin Backup using command :-
Backup Database 'DB1' To Disk ='Path' followin error occurs:-
"Nonrecoverable I/O error occurred on file"

--> Now i am doing back-up directly from Enterprise Manager following error message occurs same error comes

Whats surprising Jobs, maintainence plan, Backup for other database is working perfectly, i checked HDD doesnt have any bad blocks etc. i have even changed path for Backups but still only for these database it gives problem

With Regards

Kristen
Test

22859 Posts

Posted - 2007-06-19 : 07:51:09
Try:

DBCC CHECKDB('MyDatabaseName') WITH NO_INFOMSGS

and see if that reports any errors.

Kristen
Go to Top of Page

nr
SQLTeam MVY

12543 Posts

Posted - 2007-06-19 : 07:54:58
Ignore the other attempts - the backup command is the important one.
It's giving an error on the fikle which sounds like the destination file (but may be the datbase files I suppose).

What happens if you try to copy a large file on that server? (I assume it's a local disk?).

I had a similar problem and it turned out to be a cheap sata controller which couldn't cope with data streaming to the disk. Was ok for small files though.

==========================================
Cursors are useful if you don't know sql.
DTS can be used in a similar way.
Beer is not cold and it isn't fizzy.
Go to Top of Page

- Advertisement -