Please start any new threads on our new site at https://forums.sqlteam.com. We've got lots of great SQL Server experts to answer whatever question you can come up with.

All Forums
 SQL Server 2000 Forums
 Import/Export (DTS) and Replication (2000)
 Error creating publication - 14005

Author  Topic 

sunetra123
Starting Member

2 Posts

Posted - 2007-12-28 : 08:16:08
Hi,

I deleted all the subscriptions and publications present in the sql server before doing the data restoration. I also disabled all the sql jobs. Now after the data has been restored, I am trying to create new publications. But while doing so, I am getting the error 14005 "Could not drop publication. A subscription exists to it." I had deleted the publications and subscriptions thru Enterprise Manager.
I also tried deleting the subscriptions using the sp_dropsubscription and sp_droppublication. But it gives errors as "subscription does not exist", "publication does not exist".

Plz help.

rmiao
Master Smack Fu Yak Hacker

7266 Posts

Posted - 2007-12-29 : 00:01:33
Double check with sp_dboption.
Go to Top of Page

sunetra123
Starting Member

2 Posts

Posted - 2007-12-31 : 06:53:07
Thanks for your help :)
Let me give you more details. Actually, I deleted a publication with name ETL1 thru EM. Now I am trying to create a new publication. Although I can create a new publication with any other name like ETLTest, I cannot create a publication with same name ETL1. I get error 14005 "Could not drop publication. A subscription exists to it." while doing so.
I checked entries for ETL1 in system tables. I could not find any entries for it in the SYSSUBSCRIPTIONS & SYSPUBLICATIONS of publication db. But yes I can see entries for ETL1 in MSSUBSCRIPTIONS & MSPUBLICATIONS of distribution db. I think using sp_MSdrop_subscription & sp_MSdrop_publication should solve my problem. But I have a doubt before using these SPs. The publisher and subscriber are my production server. If I delete the publication manually, will it affect my production server in any way??
Kindly help.
Go to Top of Page

- Advertisement -