Please start any new threads on our new site at https://forums.sqlteam.com. We've got lots of great SQL Server experts to answer whatever question you can come up with.

All Forums
 SQL Server 2000 Forums
 Analysis Services (2000)
 Security conflict across different dimensions

Author  Topic 

cat_jesus
Aged Yak Warrior

547 Posts

Posted - 2008-04-04 : 12:15:52
I have a cube on financial data with multiple dimensions. Two dimensions in particular are causing me some difficulty because of permissions that I need to grant to a specific user. Please bear with me, I'm mostly a SQL person and may not present this properly for people well versed in AS.

The two dimensions are below.

Classification (All), Classification, Account
Department (All), Department, Super, Group, Account

Both drill down to the account fact record.

The user who is in charge of travel has her own department "Travel and expenses". She needs to be able to access all the accounts in her department, but she also needs to access all accounts with the classification of "Travel" regardless of the department.

So for example in her department she would have the following accounts.

Consulting Fees
Fringe Benefits
Salaries
Travel

When I set up permissions for her to allow both her department in the department dimension and travel in the classification dimension She can see the travel accounts in other departments as well as her own but she cannot see the following accounts in her department.

Consulting Fees
Fringe Benefits
Salaries

Apparently the permissions on the two dimensions are conflicting or behaving like a logical AND. How can I set permissions so that it behaves like a logical OR?

Again I apologize if this isn't clear, it's so much easier for me to discuss SQL problems.

- Advertisement -