Please start any new threads on our new site at https://forums.sqlteam.com. We've got lots of great SQL Server experts to answer whatever question you can come up with.

All Forums
 Site Related Forums
 Site Related Discussions
 Get back the notify me email

Author  Topic 

Nazim
A custom title

1408 Posts

Posted - 2001-12-18 : 07:40:47
Hi Graz,

Get back the notify me email when someone replies thingy back . Its pretty hard to keep track of the thread's you have posted , am sure lot of member will agree on that.

that was a good feature, u might be having some reason to do away with it. but then Customers Satisfaction Counts first , right

-------------------------
"Success is when Preparedness meets Opportunity"

graz
Chief SQLTeam Crack Dealer

4149 Posts

Posted - 2001-12-18 : 08:53:46
Here's the deal on the notify me email. In the newest version of Snitz (3.3.03) it's been replaced by subscriptions. Basically I can enable subscriptions at the board, forum or topic level. I can also choose which forums allow subscriptions. I haven't enabled it up to this point. At this point I'll enable it for the developer forum and we'll see how it goes.

When you are viewing a thread (including one you just posted), there will be a choice in the upper right to subscribe to the thread. Once you've subscribed to a thread you should see a My Subscriptions link in the forum menu at the upper left. You can use that to subscribe and unsubscribe. Let me know if you have any problems.

===============================================
Creating tomorrow's legacy systems today.
One crisis at a time.
Go to Top of Page

Nazim
A custom title

1408 Posts

Posted - 2001-12-18 : 09:27:06
Wow! u ask 1 here , u get 2 .

thanx Graz, i was always looking for such a option, wherein i cant post but can follow the link . sometimes i cant contribute anything and have nothing to say but can follow the link and gain lot of information.

i just noticed that u have to subscribe it seprately. previously ,once v r posting there use to be a check box with include ur profile for notify thingy . can u get that back so that v dont have to explicity go and back and subscribe it, though no complaints with this one too.

Newayz thanx Graz, for your quick response. and a welcome new feature .

Go to Top of Page

Nazim
A custom title

1408 Posts

Posted - 2001-12-18 : 09:28:52
graz! one more thing , cant u do away with this back to forum page when u post it. its always better if it comes back to the forum after posting

Edited by - Nazim on 12/18/2001 09:29:58

Edited by - Nazim on 12/18/2001 09:32:07
Go to Top of Page

graz

4149 Posts

Posted - 2001-12-18 : 09:56:37
quote:
i just noticed that u have to subscribe it seprately. previously ,once v r posting there use to be a check box with include ur profile for notify thingy . can u get that back so that v dont have to explicity go and back and subscribe it, though no complaints with this one too.

Sorry, not without rewriting the forums which I'm not too excited to do.
quote:
graz! one more thing , cant u do away with this back to forum page when u post it. its always better if it comes back to the forum after posting

Again, I'm not going to dig around in their code unless something is truly broken.

One crisis at a time.
Go to Top of Page

Nazim
A custom title

1408 Posts

Posted - 2001-12-18 : 10:29:35
its ok Graz.

As i said no complaints, rite now am sure every1 is more then happy with this great site of urs.

Go to Top of Page

AjarnMark
SQL Slashing Gunting Master

3246 Posts

Posted - 2001-12-18 : 13:22:46
quote:

Nazim, There is about a 5 second delay, and then the page does an automatic redirect back to the thread you just posted in (nice for making sure it came out all right). Or you can click on the "Back to Forum" link.

-------------------
It's a SQL thing...
Go to Top of Page

aclarke
Posting Yak Master

133 Posts

Posted - 2001-12-29 : 02:02:07
quote:

I can also choose which forums allow subscriptions. I haven't enabled it up to this point. At this point I'll enable it for the developer forum and we'll see how it goes.

Hey Graz. Any reason to not enable it for all the forums? I miss the email thingy too and the subscription options sounds great!

Go to Top of Page

graz

4149 Posts

Posted - 2001-12-29 : 12:05:34
<ducking>Ok, ok. I enabled the subscribe to topic for most forums. I didn't for the Access and Other Topics forum. I also enabled subscribe to forum for the Site News and Announcements and Tthe Yak Corral forum.

Right now there are a grand total of 8 subscriptions and Nazim has 5 of those. We'll see if this is popular or not. Enjoy.</ducking>

One crisis at a time.
Go to Top of Page

aclarke
Posting Yak Master

133 Posts

Posted - 2001-12-29 : 14:57:03
Thanks Graz! I'll subscribe to this one just Because I Can. I'm sure more people will use it once they realize it's there.

Hey. This is my 50th post. But that's not why I wrote it

Go to Top of Page

AjarnMark
SQL Slashing Gunting Master

3246 Posts

Posted - 2001-12-30 : 01:59:24
The notify by email, and now subscriptions were one of the first things that got me hooked on SQLTeam. I posted a question and got notified when it was answered. At the time, I didn't imagine I'd be spending much time on any forums, but then I got hooked, and now I'm back here almost every day. Thank goodness for that Active Topics feature... Now I don't have to subscribe because I'm always seeing what's current.

--------------------------------------------------------------
1000 Posts, Here I come! I wonder what my new title will be...
Go to Top of Page

Nazim
A custom title

1408 Posts

Posted - 2001-12-30 : 02:23:02
It was me who started this thread ,was looking for tht notify me email and when graz told me about subscriptions i latched on it

you know what ,it was just yesterday i realized about the Active topics and the refreshing methods there. otherwise i use to go to the home page every few mins and refresh it manually .

Clarke Congrats again , i already did that tht in your other post.

Am dying to reach 250........god knows when

Graz's Baby is my Master:)
Go to Top of Page

- Advertisement -