Please start any new threads on our new site at https://forums.sqlteam.com. We've got lots of great SQL Server experts to answer whatever question you can come up with.

All Forums
 Site Related Forums
 The Yak Corral
 I gotta learn MySQL...

Author  Topic 

Lumbago
Norsk Yak Master

3271 Posts

Posted - 2009-01-09 : 07:08:51
Hi,

so I got a new job...again...and as one of the very few windows-people it seems I have to cross over to the other side and actually learn something about MySQL too. I was hired as an MS SQL Server DBA but they only have one DBA on MySQL and he's going on holiday in a week so I've been asked to do my best to get "up to speed" before then (luckily there are other MySQL people here as well so I'm not completely on my own).

Are there any tools out there that slightly resembles the Management Studio or at least something other than command-line that can connect me to these databases and do some management? And if any of you know of any crash courses/tutorials in MySQL for MS SQL people I would *really* appreciate any links or whatever you might have. I don't even know where to start...

- Lumbago

madhivanan
Premature Yak Congratulator

22864 Posts

Posted - 2009-01-09 : 07:38:54
SQLyog tool may help you

Madhivanan

Failing to plan is Planning to fail
Go to Top of Page

Lumbago
Norsk Yak Master

3271 Posts

Posted - 2009-01-09 : 08:06:53
Hm...I was under the impression that MySQL stuff was free

- Lumbago
Go to Top of Page

Michael Valentine Jones
Yak DBA Kernel (pronounced Colonel)

7020 Posts

Posted - 2009-01-09 : 10:52:55
quote:
Originally posted by Lumbago

Hm...I was under the impression that MySQL stuff was free

- Lumbago

It's open source, so you're free to develop your own tools.

CODO ERGO SUM
Go to Top of Page

jezemine
Master Smack Fu Yak Hacker

2886 Posts

Posted - 2009-01-09 : 11:50:52
there are a number of (free) client tools that come with the mysql distribution: MySQL Administrator, MySQL Workbench, etc.

elsasoft.org
Go to Top of Page

- Advertisement -