Please start any new threads on our new site at https://forums.sqlteam.com. We've got lots of great SQL Server experts to answer whatever question you can come up with.

All Forums
 Site Related Forums
 Site Related Discussions
 subscribing to a post

Author  Topic 

KnooKie
Aged Yak Warrior

623 Posts

Posted - 2002-01-10 : 05:59:25
This is probably mentioned somewhere but me being a little lazy today thought i'd just ask. If i start a new thread topic am i automatically subscribed to it ? I assume so but thought i'd check.

Nazim
A custom title

1408 Posts

Posted - 2002-01-10 : 07:39:23
If you get a email notifying abt this post then what you said is right otherwise subscribe explicitly

----------------------------
Anything that Doesn't Kills you Makes you Stronger
Go to Top of Page

KnooKie
Aged Yak Warrior

623 Posts

Posted - 2002-01-10 : 08:09:44
I'll be subscribing explicitly in future then.

Would it not be a good idea to automatically subscribe the person who started the thread ??

Go to Top of Page

Nazim
A custom title

1408 Posts

Posted - 2002-01-10 : 08:21:54
Yeah, it would be a good idea. but we cant expect Graz to sit down and Refine Snits Code. this is the way , it is with Snits i assume. might be they will refine it in future updates or , one fine day if Graz has ample time he will do it himself. till that time Subscribe Explicitly.

----------------------------
Anything that Doesn't Kills you Makes you Stronger
Go to Top of Page

KnooKie
Aged Yak Warrior

623 Posts

Posted - 2002-01-10 : 08:24:01
Message rec'd and understood

Go to Top of Page

AjarnMark
SQL Slashing Gunting Master

3246 Posts

Posted - 2002-01-10 : 12:53:41
Then again, there are those of us who visit on a daily basis, and when we originate a thread, don't want our email boxes bombarded... I prefer this type of opt-in rather than your suggested opt-out.

Go to Top of Page

Merkin
Funky Drop Bear Fearing SQL Dude!

4970 Posts

Posted - 2002-01-10 : 17:26:53
Yeah I agree with Mark. I don't really need to be notified what goes on here, I watch it most of the day

If only I didn't need sleep .....

Damian
Go to Top of Page

- Advertisement -