Please start any new threads on our new site at https://forums.sqlteam.com. We've got lots of great SQL Server experts to answer whatever question you can come up with.

All Forums
 Site Related Forums
 Site Related Discussions
 Help, what am I doing wrong . . .

Author  Topic 

Jay99

468 Posts

Posted - 2002-04-04 : 11:45:25
to get formatting to look like this

Jay
<O>

robvolk
Most Valuable Yak

15732 Posts

Posted - 2002-04-04 : 11:51:45
I fixed it. It only seems to happen when you use more than one block of [ code ] tags in your post. graz futzed with the Snitz code regarding line breaks in code tags, this might be an unforseen side effect.

Go to Top of Page

Arnold Fribble
Yak-finder General

1961 Posts

Posted - 2002-04-04 : 11:53:37
It's a bug in IE that started manifesting when the HTML output of [code] was changed to fix cut-and-paste. We had a thread a week or so back trying to fix it but it looks like we confused Graz too much and he gave up.

http://www.sqlteam.com/forums/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=14187

I've resorted to inserting a sacrificial nonbreaking space (char 160) on a line on its own immediately after the [/code], but it's a kludge.

Go to Top of Page

Arnold Fribble
Yak-finder General

1961 Posts

Posted - 2002-04-04 : 11:59:03
Don't mind me, just playing about...

The next 'line' will fail to wrap

Jackdaws love my big sphinx of quartz. Jackdaws love my big sphinx of quartz. Jackdaws love my big sphinx of quartz.
But this one's ok. Five boxing wizards jump quickly. Five boxing wizards jump quickly. Five boxing wizards jump quickly.

Edited by - Arnold Fribble on 04/04/2002 12:01:42
Go to Top of Page

robvolk
Most Valuable Yak

15732 Posts

Posted - 2002-04-04 : 12:24:59
quote:
Jackdaws love my big sphinx of quartz

OK, does anyone else find that phrase suggestive, and kinda sick?

(yes you do, c'mon, admit it!)

Go to Top of Page

Jay99

468 Posts

Posted - 2002-04-04 : 12:31:42
How does one go about ....
quote:

...inserting a sacrificial nonbreaking space (char 160) on a line on its own immediately after the [/code]...

Oh, btw, I am a lover of all sphinxes, quartz or otherwise . . .

Jay
<O>
Go to Top of Page

Arnold Fribble
Yak-finder General

1961 Posts

Posted - 2002-04-04 : 13:05:03
[/code]
<Enter>
Alt 0 1 6 0
<Enter>

Go to Top of Page

Jay99

468 Posts

Posted - 2002-04-04 : 13:10:03

declare cursor blahblah....

This is a test This is a test This is a test This is a test This is a test This is a test This is a test This is a test This is a test This is a test This is a test This is a test This is a test This is a test

Jay
<O>

EDIT: OK that is way kewl.

Edited by - Jay99 on 04/04/2002 13:17:18
Go to Top of Page

graz
Chief SQLTeam Crack Dealer

4149 Posts

Posted - 2002-04-04 : 17:06:14
quote:
We had a thread a week or so back trying to fix it but it looks like we confused Graz too much and he gave up.

Ain't that the truth :) I'm still looking for the proper code change to fix it too.

Would this be as simple as replaceing [ /code ] tag with </PRE> + vbCRLF + nbsp + vbCRLF or maybe replacing it with </PRE> + <BR> + nbsp + <BR>?

The problem is that I need carriage returns inside the CODE tags for copy and paste and <BR> outside the code tags. This is starting to sound like a job for regular expressions :(

===============================================
Creating tomorrow's legacy systems today.
One crisis at a time.
Go to Top of Page

Arnold Fribble
Yak-finder General

1961 Posts

Posted - 2002-04-05 : 02:01:57
quote:

Would this be as simple as replaceing [ /code ] tag with </PRE> + vbCRLF + nbsp + vbCRLF or maybe replacing it with </PRE> + <BR> + nbsp + <BR>?

The same thought struck me. Yes, I think that would work.

Go to Top of Page

graz
Chief SQLTeam Crack Dealer

4149 Posts

Posted - 2002-04-08 : 16:55:02
Actually the problem seems to be a vbCRLF followed by a </PRE> with no intermediate tag that displays anything (i.e. the </FONT> tag doesn't count). If you put the [ /code ] tag on the same line as the last line of code you don't get this error.

I was in the middle of testing a fix -- really a kludge -- when I was assaulted by numerous, nefarious lime wielding vodka tonics. I was forced to consume the attacking beverages in order to save myself and the rest of humanity from their evil deeds. Unfortunately their twisted mind-erasing powers caused me to forget what my kludge, er fix was.

It seems while the viscious vodka had me in it's evil clutches we decided it was a good idea to rewire my stereo. This because we could no longer play "Guess the song" from the digital music channels on my cable television due to some unknown problem (probably the vodka!). I'm a little fuzzy (as are teeth) as to why rewiring would fix this but the vodka shouting in my head convinced me it was good idea. Now I can't watch TV. Oh friend vodka, why hast thou inflicted this burden upon me?

So . . . I'll have to figure this out again later this week when the vodka isn't looking.

===============================================
Creating tomorrow's legacy systems today.
One crisis at a time.
Go to Top of Page

- Advertisement -