Please start any new threads on our new site at https://forums.sqlteam.com. We've got lots of great SQL Server experts to answer whatever question you can come up with.

All Forums
 SQL Server 2005 Forums
 .NET Inside SQL Server (2005)
 SQl Express 2005 Remote Connection

Author  Topic 

NextComputing
Starting Member

2 Posts

Posted - 2011-05-24 : 02:34:09
Hi,

I am trying to run an application in VB.net having SQL Express 2005 at back end.it's working fine on stand alone machine but when i try to run in LAN environment i have to manually set the "Locale and remote Connection " and "TCP/IP and Named Piped " option through SQL Server Surface Area Configuration. I am setting the registry value using SQL stored Procedure as below

EXEC Master.dbo.xp_Rewrite
@RootKet='HKEY_Local_Machine'
@Key='\Software\Microsoft\Microsft SQLServer\MSSQL.1MSSQLServer\SUperSocketNetLib\NP'
@Value_Name ='Enabled'
@type='Reg_DWord'
@Value=1

EXEC Master.dbo.xp_Rewrite
@RootKet='HKEY_Local_Machine'
@Key='\Software\Microsoft\Microsft SQLServer\MSSQL.1MSSQLServer\SUperSocketNetLib\Tcp'
@Value_Name ='Enabled'
@type='Reg_DWord'
@Value=1

After that if restart the machine and try to connect SQL Express using SQL Authentication from my VB.net application but it's not working. Can any one help me to run my Apps on LAN without configuring manually.

Thanks in Advanced
NextComputing

Next Computing
Kolkata

ricky_1605
Starting Member

30 Posts

Posted - 2011-08-12 : 06:42:31
Check in SQL Server Configuration Manager -> SQL Server Network Configuration -> Protocols for SQL Server -> Named Pipes and TCP/IP should be enabled.

Nipun Chawla
Go to Top of Page

- Advertisement -