Please start any new threads on our new site at https://forums.sqlteam.com. We've got lots of great SQL Server experts to answer whatever question you can come up with.

All Forums
 SQL Server 2005 Forums
 Express Edition and Compact Edition (2005)
 Connection reset by peer: socket write error

Author  Topic 

kumarphani
Starting Member

2 Posts

Posted - 2011-06-03 : 06:36:12

I am facing the below SQLServerException :::

ERROR - SQLException:
com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerException: Connection reset by peer: socket write error
at com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerConnection.terminate(SQLServerConnection.java:1368)
at com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerConnection.terminate(SQLServerConnection.java:1355)
at com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.TDSChannel.write(IOBuffer.java:1548)
at com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.TDSWriter.flush(IOBuffer.java:2368)
at com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.TDSWriter.writePacket(IOBuffer.java:2270)
at com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.TDSWriter.endMessage(IOBuffer.java:1877)
at com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.TDSCommand.startResponse(IOBuffer.java:4403)
at com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerPreparedStatement.doExecutePreparedStatement(SQLServerPreparedStatement.java:386)
at com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerPreparedStatement$PrepStmtExecCmd.doExecute(SQLServerPreparedStatement.java:338)
at com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.TDSCommand.execute(IOBuffer.java:4026)
at com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerConnection.executeCommand(SQLServerConnection.java:1416)
at com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerStatement.executeCommand(SQLServerStatement.java:185)
at com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerStatement.executeStatement(SQLServerStatement.java:160)
at com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerPreparedStatement.execute(SQLServerPreparedStatement.java:320)

Can anybody tell me why and when it will happen by seeing the above stacktrace..?
THanks in advance!!!

Kumar

nigelrivett
Master Smack Fu Yak Hacker

3385 Posts

Posted - 2011-06-03 : 06:49:49
Network issue, timeout, other error.

It looks like the application has lost the connection which could be for any number of reasons. You should be recording what the application was doing at the time so you can see whether it is due to a particular issue - could be that it is doing something invalid, could be a corruption in the database (not the most likely) or just the network.

==========================================
Cursors are useful if you don't know sql.
SSIS can be used in a similar way.
Beer is not cold and it isn't fizzy.
Go to Top of Page

kumarphani
Starting Member

2 Posts

Posted - 2011-06-21 : 22:33:12

Hi nigelrivett,

I am getting this problem Continuously , that to randomly...there is no particular time..
What are the things i have to Monitor to trace the root cause?

Kumar
Go to Top of Page

- Advertisement -