Please start any new threads on our new site at https://forums.sqlteam.com. We've got lots of great SQL Server experts to answer whatever question you can come up with.

All Forums
 SQL Server 2000 Forums
 Import/Export (DTS) and Replication (2000)
 Error on one subscriber but not the other

Author  Topic 

fnadal
Starting Member

3 Posts

Posted - 2011-11-07 : 08:56:49
Windows 2003

Sql 2000 Enterprise edition version 8.0.977

Table name: Test

We have server A that is acting as publisher. We have server B and C, each has a pull subscription to server A. Server B has no problems whatsoever with replicating the 'test' table, yet server C constantly produces the below error with 'test' table.

I'm stumped, I don't know how to proceed. Both servers are configured the exact same way. Same OS, same SQL version. Am I missing something? Why would replication on the same table on one subscription be fine, and the other error out constantly?

The row was not found at the Subscriber when applying the replicated command.(Source: (Data source); Error number: 20598)

nigelrivett
Master Smack Fu Yak Hacker

3385 Posts

Posted - 2011-11-07 : 09:18:06
Someone or thing is deleting from it?
It wasn't sychronised to start with?
Collations different so it can't find the row?

==========================================
Cursors are useful if you don't know sql.
SSIS can be used in a similar way.
Beer is not cold and it isn't fizzy.
Go to Top of Page

fnadal
Starting Member

3 Posts

Posted - 2011-11-07 : 09:53:07
How would I check if started sync'd to begin with? Also, how would I check collations to make sure they are the same? Properties? Thanks in advance.
Go to Top of Page

fnadal
Starting Member

3 Posts

Posted - 2011-11-07 : 10:27:26
I checked collations and both servers are configured with the same default collation.
Go to Top of Page

- Advertisement -