Please start any new threads on our new site at https://forums.sqlteam.com. We've got lots of great SQL Server experts to answer whatever question you can come up with.

All Forums
 SQL Server 2008 Forums
 SSIS and Import/Export (2008)
 SSIS .config file Help...

Author  Topic 

tooba
Posting Yak Master

224 Posts

Posted - 2015-02-16 : 10:34:48
I am having SSIS .config file questions. I have very simple package
One DF ==> Inside the DF I am using Flat File Connection manager and SQL Destination. SQL Connection Manager, I am using SQL Server Authentication instead of Window Authentication, I used Username and Password and test connection everything looks good. Now I want to Schedule this job through SQL Server Agent.I create .config file to save SQL Connection Manager (Username and Password). If I run SSIS Package through SQL server agent JOB is spening/spening and spening and nothing happend, however If I update my SSIS Package with Protection Level = EncryptSensitiveWithUserKey and provide password and save the package. Now go back to SQL Server agent and update my package and provide I same password that I used in SSIS Package (Package runs fine).
My questions is what is like this, my understanding was if I create a config file and save username and password in .config file we don't need to do any other extra step. Please guide me, am i doing something worng here?
or it should be like this.

Thank You in advance!

tooba
Posting Yak Master

224 Posts

Posted - 2015-02-16 : 12:17:25
Ok I got it.
I have to change Protection Level to DONTSAVESENSITIVE to use my .Config file. It is working fine without any issue.

Thanks....
Go to Top of Page

- Advertisement -